Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 17, 2006, 4:08 PM   #1

I can't seem to get enough user info on this capable camera,it's specsalmost seem to-good-to-be-true especiallyat this pricing level but the few pictures I haveseen,have been nothing short of remarkable..please post your pictures along with settings and comments.

I can't wait for Steve to get his hands on thisone,I'm betting it will top at least one of his Best lists.
mystro544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2006, 7:50 PM   #2

There's a few people over at dpreview with the TZ1 already - looks like Venu's III is pretty good but I haven't checked any of the full size images. From their comments it seems to be a pretty good cam to have but as you say I'd like to see Steve's and the other reviews too.

Here's a thread with some shots:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=18029838

and here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=18003277

Cheers

HarjTT

:|
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 4:23 PM   #3

Thanks for the links. When Steve doesthe review,the advantages which the Venus III engine/motherboard allow will be pointed out in detail,he's impressed with the beautiful but expensivenew LC1 which alsosports the VIII which makes the TZ1 a kissin cousin doesn't it? I'm sure the TZ1 willtop at least one list,the 10-12xdigitals..I haven'tread any arguments against it anyway.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 4:38 PM   #4

mystro544 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the links. When Steve doesthe review,the advantages which the Venus III engine/motherboard allow will be pointed out in detail,he's impressed with the beautiful but expensivenew LC1 which alsosports the VIII which makes the TZ1 a kissin cousin doesn't it? I'm sure the TZ1 willtop at least one list,the 10-12xdigitals..I haven'tread any arguments against it anyway.

mystro, are you talking of the lc1, point & shoot,or of the l1, the new dslr from panny?
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 5:08 PM   #5

zygh wrote:
Quote:
mystro544 wrote:
Quote:

mystro, are you talking of the lc1, point & shoot,or of the l1, the new dslr from panny?
I think your refering to the LX1 as the P&S,here's the link to the LC1 which is the new dslr andBTW,Steve did a review of the LC1 this week.

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/lc1/index.html

Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:19 PM   #6

Hi Mystro

The LC1 actually uses the Venus 1 engine like my FZ10 and its replacement the L1 will be using the new Venus III. Don;t get me wrong I think the LC1 even with Venus I takes some of the best Jpegs/RAW shots for a digicam period and Steve did a really glowing review of it. The only other cam that has the venus III from Pana is the TZ1 all the others are using Venus II or Venus Plus engines.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:55 PM   #7

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Hi Mystro

The LC1 actually uses the Venus 1 engine like my FZ10 and its replacement the L1 will be using the new Venus III. Don;t get me wrong I think the LC1 even with Venus I takes some of the best Jpegs/RAW shots for a digicam period and Steve did a really glowing review of it. The only other cam that has the venus III from Pana is the TZ1 all the others are using Venus II or Venus Plus engines.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O

Oops..I've been reading too many reviews..thanks for setting the record straight. Did Steve doa preview of the L1 recently,maybe that's where I mangled the facts.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 2:17 AM   #8

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
There's a few people over at dpreview with the TZ1 already - looks like Venu's III is pretty good but I haven't checked any of the full size images. From their comments it seems to be a pretty good cam to have but as you say I'd like to see Steve's and the other reviews too.

Here's a thread with some shots:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=18029838

and here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=18003277

Cheers

HarjTT

:|

Thanks, frankly those pictures in the links are not too impressive and the high ISO images are terrible. I am curious to see some other samples.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Another excellent linkwitha variety of photos (right out of the box)andthreads regarding the TZ1:
Old Apr 20, 2006, 1:29 AM   #10

Thanks for the link, but those aren't any better. Not a good camera at all from what I can see.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote