Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:08 AM   #11
ejm

Here is another
Attached Images

ejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 2:14 AM   #12

Hard to tell because the pics are so big - any chance you could resize them?
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 7:59 AM   #13

You put the 6T on the camera and mount the 14B on top of it .....You can do this with a 4T also just need an extra stepring or two depending on which camera and/or adapter you have.

As I said above at full zoom if I remember correctly the working distance is a little over 3 ft.

It can be very helpful if as close as you can get to the subject is limited.

I had a suet feeder about4 ft from my kitchen window and the woodpeckers would use it but I was only be able to use less than 3X zoom of the FZ20 and still focus,and that did not bring the woodpecker close enough. And with just the CU lens I was too far away to focus.....I experimented with the 6t and a Tcon 17 and/ or a 14B and could get pictures that would fill the frame and more.

Others find a combo like that useful for aquariums.

ride16 wrote:
Quote:
rduve wrote:
Quote:
Use the macro lens (ideally a Nikon 4t or 6t) and maybe combine it with the Tcon 14B.

Any chance you could explain to me how this works? I didn't know you could stack a 14B with a 6T. I have both, and would love to know how it should be set up, and at what range I would be able to shoot. Thanks in advance!

Melissa
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 7:45 AM   #14

Treemonkey - they are impressive images.* I really like the colour depth and image sharpness.* What lighting did you use?* Peter
PDGenoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 6:31 PM   #15

Thanks, Gene, for answering this in my behalf. I didn't see the question until today. I might add that using a (diffused)fill-in flash would also be helpful for better lighting and to avoid image blur. Teleconverterters, depending on magnification factor, reduce the light entering the lens and therefore limit the maximum aperture by about 1.5-2 f-stops.

genece wrote:

Quote:
You put the 6T on the camera and mount the 14B on top of it .....You can do this with a 4T also just need an extra stepring or two depending on which camera and/or adapter you have.

As I said above at full zoom if I remember correctly the working distance is a little over 3 ft.

It can be very helpful if as close as you can get to the subject is limited.

I had a suet feeder about4 ft from my kitchen window and the woodpeckers would use it but I was only be able to use less than 3X zoom of the FZ20 and still focus,and that did not bring the woodpecker close enough. And with just the CU lens I was too far away to focus.....I experimented with the 6t and a Tcon 17 and/ or a 14B and could get pictures that would fill the frame and more.

Others find a combo like that useful for aquariums.

ride16 wrote:
Quote:
rduve wrote:
Quote:
Use the macro lens (ideally a Nikon 4t or 6t) and maybe combine it with the Tcon 14B.

Any chance you could explain to me how this works? I didn't know you could stack a 14B with a 6T. I have both, and would love to know how it should be set up, and at what range I would be able to shoot. Thanks in advance!

Melissa
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 7:56 PM   #16

I just use a simple bounce/diffusion setup on my sunpak 383 external flash. I use to use a piece of paper but went a bit more high tech of late with a stofen diffuser.

http://www.stofen.com/Store/Products.htm

The photo shows my old setup with a pentax 50mm f/1.8 reversed on my FZ10

PDGenoa wrote:
Quote:
Treemonkey - they are impressive images. I really like the colour depth and image sharpness. What lighting did you use? Peter
Attached Images

Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 8:27 PM   #17

Treemonkey, how do you attach the reversed 50 mm lens to the front of the FZ? And what is the working distance and magnification factor? I'd like to try that.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:09 AM   #18

Well this time I didnt go the high tech way. I glued the lens to a 62mm UV filter. The working distance was very very small, in the order of 1-2cm at max. The DOF was a fraction of a mm. I havent used it much but have attached an example.

Treemonkey
Attached Images

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:10 AM   #19

The first image is FZ10 at 35mm (1x), see the flower in the keyboard?
Attached Images

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:11 AM   #20

Now with the FZ10 at 420mm (x12) with the Pentax Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4 lens (sorry it was a 1.4 not a 1.8 ) reversed.
Attached Images