Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:29 PM   #1

Hey

I've got a Panasonic Lumix FZ15. I noticed on ebay that a number of sellers are selling remote shutter releases for this camera (or so they say) but i can't find any good info on these. When you look at the auction pictures you can see that the plug on the shutter release is like an audio mini plug, but unfortunately the FZ15 doesnt have anywhere to plug something like that in.

Does anyone know if these shutter releases will actually work with the FZ15? If so where does it plug in on the camera? The only place i see that would be feasible would be the usb port on the camera.

Here are the auctions i'm refering to....
http://cgi.ebay.com/JJC-Remote-shutt...QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/DMC-FZ15-FZ20-DM...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the help
Mike
quick5pnt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:47 PM   #2

your FZ15 should have a remote jack inside the door on the left side, at the top (unless the FZ15 is completely different from the FZ20 in that regard...)

here's a link toeBay for theremote i bought for my FZ20, and it works perfectly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHAYEE-remote-as...QQcmdZViewItem
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 3:12 AM   #3

I also got the Phayee and it works fine. I don't see why the cheap one you referenced would not work. Give it a try. It's a simple item and should not cost $30 like the brand name product. For example I buy my cell phone chargers on ebay for 99 cents and they work just fine. I'd give it a shot.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 3:54 AM   #4

The FZ-15 does not have a connection for a remote shutter releaselike the FZ-20.
Ilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 11:31 AM   #5

That's what i was figuring. The FZ15 is different than the 20, and doesnt have a jack for the remote. Thanks.

Ilan wrote:
Quote:
The FZ-15 does not have a connection for a remote shutter releaselike the FZ-20.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 1:06 PM   #6

Oh, well in that case neither remote will work of course, but for the FZ20 or FZ30, this cheap one on ebay will probably do the job.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 1:54 PM   #7

quick5pnt0 wrote:
Quote:
That's what i was figuring. The FZ15 is different than the 20, and doesnt have a jack for the remote. Thanks.

Ilan wrote:
Quote:
in that case, you're out of luck. you'll have touse the self timer for tripod shots, and hope for the best...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 11:11 PM   #8

Yea, i kind of figured that. Thanks :?