Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 27, 2006, 3:59 PM   #1

Hi,

I'd like to ask some of the WCON 08E 55mm owners for a favor. Could someone post 4 sample shots as follows:

no lens full wide;WCON 08Efull wide;WCON 08E at midzoom (5-6x)and WCON 08E full zoom (10x - 12x).

I really need to asses the blurring throughout the zoom range (it's a long story, check http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=50if you wanna know why I need this)

Thanks in advance.
lokosofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2006, 4:57 PM   #2

There is no way that can help you ...if you can find someone with the same video camera as you do the test...OK but all WA lens work differently on each camera...

But I do not think you can get one that will do what you want.....

I have received good advice from Raynox service even when it cost them a sale....I would Email them and see what you find.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 9:36 PM   #3

I used a WCON 8 on a Panasonic GS400, which may be similar to your 250 (or not!). The extra width is nice at giving a little more expansive view, without distortion that makes it look like a novelty lens. At first I thought that the add-on lens softened the picture at full zoom in, but it may have been the low-light situation I was in. Another shot outside seems to give acceptable results at both ends of the zoom setting. It's a little hard to tell, given the low res of video, but it's certainly not as distorted as the example you mention.
Attached Images

KentC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 9:37 PM   #4

...and for the wide view:
Attached Images

KentC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:27 PM   #5

Heck that is pretty nice... its better at full zoom than at WA.

How much wider does it make the picture?
Old Apr 27, 2006, 11:10 PM   #6

KentC,

Thanks for your response. I think those images convinced me to go for WCON 08. I just want to confirm that thefirst of theimages you posted are at full zoom with lens. Please confirm. And yes, GS250 is identical to GS400 (GS400 is better though).

Also, which WCON and step-up ring did you use? Ifit was08E, did you use the 46mm or the 55m version?

I also have WCON 08B, whichis 62mm rear. Could anyone suggest what would be the best combination of step-up rings from 43 to 62?

Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 7:53 AM   #7

There is a 43 to 62 mm step up ring on this page although it is expensive.

http://www.2filter.com/prices/products/rings.html

But if you already have the 08Blens it would save you money
Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:23 AM   #8

Well,

I just tried my WCON 08B mounted directly tothe phayee adapter on my FZ15, and it turns out the blurring starts at 3x-4x. It is really bad at 12x. I'm willing totry what KentCused. Still waiting for his respnose.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:43 AM   #9

Now wait a minute you are talking about 2 different things.. there will be no WA that will zoom on the FZ cameras.....the Wcon 07 is about as good as any but still in my experience not good.

I thought you wanted this for a video camera...a totally different type of lens.

You are comparing apples with oranges.

Lenses are not one size fits all!!!!
Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:48 AM   #10

Well,

I do talk about CAMCORDERS. Just want to make it clear. Are you telling that even though it's blurring with my FZ15,WCON 08Bmight produce sharp images on my GS250 at full zoom?

Thanks.