Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 29, 2006, 8:10 AM   #1

Hi,

i can sell my Fz5 for good price, and get an Fz7 for few euro of difference.

reading the review, im not so sure FZ7 is really better, i feel that its no worst, but noise is little less in Fz5. And get an FZ30?

For me is important flash adjustment. With FZ5 the flash system is really bad , the adjustment of power emission is really a "fake" and fill-in is not so good as many other old camera (as the old Oly c40 p.e.)
What do u suggest?

many thanks

Alessandro
robby.naish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2006, 3:14 PM   #2

Since the flash seems important to you why not the FZ30 and a Sunpak 383...you should then be in good shape.

About the flash comp...I think the FZs do that by raising the ISO ...so if you have it locked on 80 there is no comp.

I may be wrong about that but it seems that way to me.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 8:20 AM   #3

Hi

If you get the FZ30 you shouldnt go far wrong. I have had mine for 4 months now and it haswonderous capabilities, 35-420mm lens which, if you drop the mps used down to 3 from 8 goes to 628 and if you dial in the 4x digital zoom you can get to over 2600mm which, with care, is perfectly useable thanks to the MEGA OIS esp if you use a tripod, and the lens doesn't extend unlike some other cams I could mention so it always remains balanced the same. In short I think it is wonderful. OK so DSLRs MAY give better performance in some areas but if you don't want to be burdened down with an armful of lenses - although you can get telephoto and wideangle attachments for it - AND keep your other half (relatively) happy cos you havent spent thousands on your new camera, the FZ30 takes a lot of beating in my book. I cannot comment on external flash as I havent experimented with that side of things yet but as a non DSLR camera the '30 is topnotch

Happy shooting

Tony
kriptone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 9:11 AM   #4

genece wrote:
Quote:
Since the flash seems important to you why not the FZ30 and a Sunpak 383...you should then be in good shape.

About the flash comp...I think the FZs do that by raising the ISO ...so if you have it locked on 80 there is no comp.

I may be wrong about that but it seems that way to me.
Ciao,

i think u r perfectly right!! But it seems incredible. Why Panasonic had to find such stupid way for adjust flash EV?
I still have an old OLY C40, in flash system, is amazing. Full contol, 2 different way of slow sync.....

With external flash, can i improve smt, or i have to "play" with manual emission, and in some situations, i cant have time for it...

many thanks to all

Alex
robby.naish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 11:17 AM   #5

I am far from a flash expert and since there is no ttl comunication you do need to manually change settings but if the situation remains similar (size of room and ceiling height).....the camera can help some......I really do not change settings often but if you want perfection...I do think you need to do some adjusting.

Perhaps someone that uses a flash more than I do will have more help.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote