Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 2, 2006, 9:16 PM   #11

robby.naish wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

im sorry nearly all r kidding me , but i didnt say im waiting camera from 10 yrs , only to wait the best one.
I only said that i have an FZ5, that for me, has some limitations.
Than i asked if now is better get an FZ30, or wait 2-3 months and continue to use my FZ5... I think is little different.
If u have the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti and u want buy a Modena 360, But u know is arriving the Ferrari 430 in few months for nearly the same price, what u will do?
I would keep my 612 waiting the 430 :-)

Many thanks to all

Alessandro

PS: sorry for my english, i hope u understood, im no upset :-)
Alessandro,

On a serious note....My personal opinion would be to wait. WE are only about 3 months away from seeing the new offerings from Panasonic...If there is going to be an FZ40, it's going to have to have significant improvements over the FZ30 perhaps in the ISO and new sensor category.

If this doesn't pan out there is always the L1 to look at, if you're thinking in terms of a DSLR.....You have an FZ5 which is a fine camera. If nothing pans out it's only three months away for the Fz30....to make a long story short...You've got a camera...keep shooting and wait three months.

P.S. But if you can afford a Ferrari, you can buy whatever camera you want whenever you want....and if something better comes along buy that one too.

Hiroshi

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 9:35 PM   #12

Well said, Beesey and Hiroshi! And at my age, if I had a Ferrari, I don't know if I would have time for a camera. I would be too busy trying to fill in all the years I missed having such a car. I might would go middle age crazy, except I think I might have passed that to.

Hell, just my luck.

In all seriousness, if you already have a great camera, you can easily wait to see what is about to debut from all manufacturers.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 10:25 PM   #13

robby.naish wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

im sorry nearly all r kidding me , but i didnt say im waiting camera from 10 yrs , only to wait the best one.
I only said that i have an FZ5, that for me, has some limitations.
Than i asked if now is better get an FZ30, or wait 2-3 months and continue to use my FZ5... I think is little different.
If u have the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti and u want buy a Modena 360, But u know is arriving the Ferrari 430 in few months for nearly the same price, what u will do?
I would keep my 612 waiting the 430 :-)

If I could afford the Ferrari, I would skip buying a camera I would hire someone to take my shots for me. I would just point and they would shoot.
Meatwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 10:05 AM   #14

I keep thanking I might upgrade but my FZ15 takes such great pictures that until they do something for us in the low light depertment,and I believe they will, Ill probably (or not) just hang on to my trusty oldFZ15.They've got us just where they want us when we think of an FZ15 as being old. It's always so exciting when the technology wizards come up with something new and different and Panasonic has some of the best and brightest.

It's looks to me like they are starting the FZ series all over again. FZ3,4,5 & FZ7 are all pretty much following the same development and release strategy as the FZ1,10,15,20 & 30, only smaller and less expensive.Will the FZ8 be the FZ40 we are waiting for?What the heck, there all great cameras and I still would not change to a DSLwith all the lenses I would need to do what I can do now with the camera I have. All we can do is hurry up and wait I guess.

:?Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote