Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 29, 2006, 8:43 PM   #1

Hi All, I was able to sit in my back yard the other day and take pictures. Oh what a joy! I am so weak that I shake when I hold the camera......but I'm still battling. This leukemia is really bad stuff.....now they tell me that I need a bone marrow transplant to be cured, but they haven't found a matching donor.... yet. I am in remission but have to take chemo(to stayin remission)which wipes me out. The otherday shortly after Igot home my tennis partner brought me some flowers. I decided to take them outside to take pictures when before I could put them down a butterfly landed on them....I managed to get this quick picture. I go back into the hospital for more chemo soon. Hope all is well with everyone ......I sure miss posting and taking pictures. bentleysmom
Attached Images

bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:01 AM   #2

Harriet, its so good to hear from you. You've been on my mind quite a bit, and my wife and I, as I'm sure many others, are praying for your recovery.

What is needed for a match in a bone marrow transplant??? If you don't want to to take the time here,you could drop mean email.

As to your photograph.....IT'S ABSOLUTELY LOVELY....everything the color, composition and subject matter is just right.........and perhaps thanks to OIS rock solid sharp.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:06 AM   #3

So glad to see you back, enjoying flowers and butterflies! I am sure this hobby will keep you going despite the troubles you are currently facing, which we all hope will soon fade away.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 2:30 AM   #4

Welcome back Harriet. Beautiful picture
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 5:48 AM   #5

very nice shot

ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 8:57 AM   #6

Glad to see you're back in action. Will continue praying for you.

Your butterfly photo is very nice. I'm glad you're still able to get the camera out and find interesting subjects around your yard.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 5:12 PM   #7

Harriet, take this lovely butterfly as a good sign.
There is always some hope left, I've learned this from the book of Lance Armstrong.
We need you and your lovely pictures here!
Sven

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 10:35 PM   #8

hi Harriet, glad to hear you're doing a bit better! i certainly hope you find the donor you need, and they can get you back on your feet again!

lovely shot... sharp and clear, you'd never know you're shaky. beautiful colors, too. i think one of the joys of photography is that it teaches us to look for the beauty around us, even in mundane, everyday things, and we learn to see and appreciate lifein a whole new way. it's obvious your illness hasn't affected your "vision" of the world, and i'm hopeful that vision, along with the thoughts and prayers of your friends and family - and a little help from the medical profession - will see you through this.

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 7:42 PM   #9

Hi, So sorry that this reply is so late....I want to thank you all for your kind comments. I spent last week in the hospital. Bummer!!!! They didn't know what was wrong with me,but after many tests they decided "vertigo".I still can't tilt my head in certain directions without getting dizzy.I'm going to Gainesville, Fla. to consult with a bone marrow transplant doctor on the 17th of May(no match yet). This is a tough fight...Harder than anything I've ever done before. They say that the recovery time to get back to a normal life is about 1 year......then I'll have a "new normal" I'm looking forward to sharing more pictures with you all. Again thanks for your kind comments. Please pray for me. bentleysmom PS. info on the National Marrow Donor Program can be found at www.marrow.org It's a simple blood test and there are locations all over the country ....and world that you can be tested. You may save someones life. bmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 8:12 AM   #10

My best to you Harriet and the picture is a gem.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Take Care,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote