Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 2, 2006, 5:21 PM   #1

Being sold as 'demos' some with body 'dinks' others with minor scratches. NO ACCESSORIES. I asked seller ("clearinghouse" or something like that) if that included batteries. He said 'sorry'. BUT the units do supposedly have "new" warranties, NOT refurbs. If you've been wanting one for some IR fun, they're starting at $69 each or 'buy now' for I think $89. I'm real tempted myself, but I have an old Epson 850 that does well. Still, I AM tempted ... so if you see a bid by cjh2tuh, don't bid against me please!!

And try not to 'trample' on each other as it looks like they have plenty to go around.
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2006, 8:32 PM   #2

Couldn't find the $89 buy now offer - $162 seemed to be the buy now price. If you're intersted in the fz1 for ir (an excellent choice w/ hoya r72) or for any other add-on lens, you will need the 55mm lens hood adapter; ~$16 at http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/EpartR...ListChoice.asp
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 10:59 PM   #3

I stand corrected on the 'buy now'. What was I thinking??!! :? While I'd love to switch (since I own an FZ10 anyway), it's hard for me to justify unless I can get one real close to the minimum price. Plus the Hoya lens I have is a 49mm to fit the Epson (which takes quick IR pics and I like the way it 'sees'.) Suppose I could get the adapter and a step down ring and keep the 49mm R72 ? I did a quick price check on my Epson and it ebays for $50 still. I'm a bit surprised. So maybe. Thanks for the additional info.
For those (few?) that haven't seen any IR photos, do a search right here and you'll see some amazing stuff!
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote