Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 4, 2006, 6:53 PM   #1
PK1

Deep forest in Kentucky at the height of spring. FZ7 image with photoshop enhancement -- cropped, layer added in Multiply mode, and saturation reduced, if you can believe that. It is really green here these days, lots of rain recently.

PK

Attached Images

PK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2006, 9:02 AM   #2

Nice photo PK1. You might move the large tree to the left 1/3 of your shot next time instead of in the center. It's hard for me to get the colors right in the woods. Not very good light butbeautiful country you live in.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 11:06 AM   #3
PK1

Thanks, D-SR,

Move the tree? Do you realize how much that thing must weigh? :-) Just kidding.

I took a whole series of shots at that location, and I do have some "off centers" of that scene, but for some reason I liked that shot out of all of them. If I have time I will post one of the others from a different angle and we'll see how the commentary runs.

I don't know why the green in the deep woods is a problem, photographically, except that maybe it confuses the white balance sensor when the scene is mostly one color. Every digicam has its own bias for greens (as well as other colors), and I think the FZ7 must be tuned to "very green".

Thanks for the comments, PK

Old May 5, 2006, 1:30 PM   #4
PK1

Here is another frame, same scene, same time, but from a different angle and different focal length. This one is I suppose a more realistic depiction of the scene, but I like the other one better -- it looks wet and surrealistic. I like photos with an enhanced atmospheric quality -- dark contrast and deep colors. --PK

Attached Images