Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 10, 2006, 2:13 AM   #1

Well, after a lot of careful research, going to different stores and trying out different cameras, and taking some test shots with many cameras, I finally decided to get the FZ30, and I'm really glad I did.

It was a tie between this one and the new S3 by Canon. I decided to go for the FZ30 after seeing some comparison shots and going to a camera store armed with a memory card and taking almost identical test shots with the FZ and the S3. While the S3 is a fine camera, I felt the images looked better with the FZ, plus I really like the feel of the FZ.

I was also a bit worried abou this noise everyone is talking about, but so far I have not found this to be a major problem, especially if you run the higher ISO pictures through a program such as Noise Ninja or Neat Image. Personally, I use the Noise Ninja addon for Photoshop Elements 4.0.

Haven't taken too many pictures with the camera yet, since I just bought it today on my lunch break, but I'm sure sometime this weekend I'll have some time to go to some local parks and experiment with it for a while.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the great people here. Reading your posts and seeing your shots taken with the FZ30 really helped me make this decision, and so far I'm very glad I did.

shaolin_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2006, 3:44 AM   #2

Hi there!
Welcome to the club!
I've got my Fz-30 on monday. I simply can't get my hands off the lovely thing since then.:G
misbehave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 6:03 AM   #3

congrats

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"had my fz30 for about 8monhts now and loving it

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 5:42 AM   #4

Well, it's the weekend and today was finally a good day to take my new FZ30 to the park. I love it, I love the feel of the camera, I like the features, love the zoom ring, and I'm very very happy to have bought this camera. I'm at my gf's apartment right now, but tomorrow I will post some pics.

...Well, as promised, here are some pics shot today. Please note that I haven't edited any of these images. These images are straight from the camera, except for resizing.

Attached Images

Old May 14, 2006, 12:39 PM   #5

Here's another one
Attached Images

Old May 14, 2006, 5:56 PM   #6

I love the color of the rose... I love the camera also, so congratulations and welcome to the club of FZ30 owners.

Rudo
Rudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 10:19 PM   #7

Thanks everybody. :-)