Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 11, 2006, 1:40 PM   #1

Was able to shoot after work today, and squeeze in an hr shoot till 7:10pm. Wore long pants but still get mosquito bites!

Anyway, manage to take quite a few spiders. Jumping Spiders quite a few: Two-Striped Telamonia, Fighting spider, Banded Phintella, and an unknown spider.
A crab spider brown, and a Green crab spider eating a fly!
The last one was really a surprise. I saw the fly and was adjusting my gear to shoot it. I was distracted by a fighting spider nearby, but later switch back to the fly. On the LCD, I see....huh? how come the fly is upside down ....and realise it just got seized by the crab spider!

Taken with

FZ10+6T+Sigma CU, ISO 50, F8, 1/60s- 1/80s, Ext bounce flash
A610+Minolta F1.7 50mm reverse lens, ISO 50, F8, 1/160s, Ext diffuse flash.

Apologies that not all are from Panasonic, just to share it as a series, as all were
taken during one shoot.

#1: Two Striped Telamonia (FZ10)

#2: Banded Phintella Drinking Water! (A610)

#3: Lovely Eye-lashes (A610)

#4:Fighting Spider (A610)

#5: A face only a mother could love......Happy Mother's Day
Brown Crab Spider (A610)

#6: Whats all the commotion abt? (A610)
Unknown JS

#7: Meal Time (FZ10)

#8: Closer view (A610)

#9: Top View (A610)

#10: Its THE END (A610)

#11: Another wide angle view (FZ10)

#12:And the last closer view from top (A610)

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2006, 1:54 PM   #2

woah...those are good. Should be rated 18 or something though, considering the graphic content :P
spiderdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 1:55 PM   #3

That was not the emoticon I had intended.
spiderdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 2:04 PM   #4

tchuanye
WOW!:!:

Your macros continue to amaze me with their image quality!:shock:

I'm sure others like me would love to see you do a table top book publishing these high quality, extraordinary images you continue to consistently post!

Another thought thatjust came to me is to consider doing a web-based training series w/photos of just how you are able to obtain these high IQ images! I, for one, would love to sign up for them to learn how to become any where near as capable as you...

Ya da MASTER, Boss...!
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 3:30 PM   #5

#3 and #12 are my favorites.
A festival of eyes surrounded by spiders...

Telecorder, I gave up reaching tchuanyes quality. We all have to find our own way. Concentration and passion are our best guides.
Tchuanyes work is one of the best examples, that the camera is not the most important factor.

Sven

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 9:31 PM   #6

Thanks Sven, Spiderdan, telecorder! Glad you liked them

Telecorder wrote:
Quote:
tchuanye

I'm sure others like me would love to see you do a table top book publishing these high quality, extraordinary images you continue to consistently post!

Another thought thatjust came to me is to consider doing a web-based training series w/photos of just how you are able to obtain these high IQ images! I, for one, would love to sign up for them to learn how to become any where near as capable as you...

I ever thought of that, but not sure how to go abt it. Publishing a book is not cheap....also thought of doing an e-book on macrophotographys using non-dslr cameras..... but not sure if its sellable.

Old May 12, 2006, 3:01 AM   #7

Amazing, just simply amazing.

Great work tchuanye
stevetracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2006, 10:58 AM   #8

Wow, your pictures are the best. I'm an new amateur photog. I take pictures of small objects, like coins, medals & rosaries. I need an easy camera to do it, what would be good? Panasonic looks good, but which one should I get? I tried the LZ5 not enough for the details with the macro mode. I have Olympus C5500 that does better than this.
My budget is around $400.00

thank you for your time.

Louise:?
louloutoyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2006, 12:02 PM   #9

Thanks stevetracy!

louloutoyou wrote:
Quote:
Wow, your pictures are the best. I'm an new amateur photog. I take pictures of small objects, like coins, medals & rosaries. I need an easy camera to do it, what would be good? Panasonic looks good, but which one should I get? I tried the LZ5 not enough for the details with the macro mode. I have Olympus C5500 that does better than this.
My budget is around $400.00

thank you for your time.

Louise:?
Hi Louise,

You are talking about taking still life, so its easier in the sense that it will be indoor (I assume) and that means lighting can be controlled.

For close ups, you will need a camera that has sufficient zoom (x10-x12)and couple with close up lens, that would allow you to take larger magnifications. If you have a good lighting system, than that may do, else, a flash hotshoe would be preferred to attach a flash to provide the lighting.

I may not be able to advise you on the specific camara though. sorry.

Old May 12, 2006, 4:19 PM   #10

tchuanye wrote:
Quote:
I ever thought of that, but not sure how to go abt it. Publishing a book is not cheap....also thought of doing an e-book on macrophotographys using non-dslr cameras..... but not sure if its sellable.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoBookOverview.jsp?

Indicates a 10-20 page photo book is ~$30US Retail. Probably have other sites where one could wheel and deal on better wholesale/resale pricing for volume...
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote