Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 13, 2006, 7:29 PM   #1

Now, that probably everybody does have enough warmth, I thought it would be a good time to post the Pictures that made me buy a FZ30!

In the last winter, I saw something truly and utterly beautifull-a fence coverd in icycles of the purest white. It was cold. It took me two Lunch Breaks outside the company fighting my inabilities and the LZ2`s limits. It was overcast all the time if not outright cloudy, no contrast, all grey in grey and behind this wonderous fence a parking lot with cars and dirty snow. So what to do? Of course I did the best I could do, tried to work out how to manipulate focus and apperture-but only indirectly, because the LZ2 lacks the settings. That was when I decided I needed a better Camera (and years of Practice, but a better camera does only need some money, years of practive, well, that might very well take years!) ;-).

So I´ll add some pictures for you to see. I was very carefull not to touch any part of the fence, as not to spoil anything for others that might want to photograph it as well, and probably have much better Reults. But to my knowledge, nobody took pictues, nobody seemed to notice. Besides, it was opposite the Back entrance of the ZKM (center for art and Media-technique, a very modern, dedicated to elctronical art-forms museum). So go figure...they make the most unusual installations (have seen some, can only recomend visiting it) but don`t see the wonders mother nature just throws out on their doorstep. Oh well.

Attached Images

RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2006, 7:30 PM   #2

Another Picture..
Attached Images

Old May 13, 2006, 7:31 PM   #3

And anther one
Attached Images

Old May 13, 2006, 7:32 PM   #4

and another one-Does someone feel cold again;-)
Attached Images

Old May 13, 2006, 7:42 PM   #5

Btw-that is how a very Modern, artsy bench does look like(outside the ZKM)...
and yes, nearly no postprocessing, those are neon lights (in a platic tube, but nonetheless they bring light to places where the Sun...does...well,you get the picture).
Attached Images