Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 17, 2006, 11:18 AM   #1

Hi,

I have managed to find a supplier who has a few remaining Nikon 6T's left and I have 1 question.

Can you stack 2 Nikon 6T's together to gain a greater macro zoom as I know this great lens has both 62mm threads front and back...?

Thanks,

r0nn13
r0nn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2006, 12:56 PM   #2

I am sure I have heard of it being done. Care to share the supplier after you order your's?
rebelpcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 4:29 PM   #3

Hi rebelpcb,

Thanks for the info, as soon as i get my pair ordered i will indeed share my supplier...

I shall replay again soon with more details

r0nn13
Old May 17, 2006, 5:49 PM   #4

yes, you can stack them, but you'll have incredibly shallow depth of field. and you could probably achieve the same result with a single lensDCR-250. you wouldn't have the flexibility of being able to use one or both, but you could get a bit more "macro" with just one lens, and one is always better than two in cases like this... if you're planning on spending the money for two lenses, i'd get one 6T and a DCR-250. that would give you the flexibility to use either a 3-diopter lens or an 8, and if you wanted to get really crazy, you could stack THOSE and give yourself 11 diopter!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 10:41 PM   #5

Where can I get a Nikon 6T.

thanks

Jerry

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 12:05 AM   #6

what's up guys....it's been a while. I ordered my 5t & 6t from B&H last year. Have they been discontinued? If so that sucks. I get great macro shots with mine on my FZ20. I thought I would never find anything that could hang with my good old Nikon CP950. My FZ out shoots it by a long shot. I still use the 950 for alot of IR photography.

JaSoN S.
Spencer1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 5:21 AM   #7

r0nn13

I recomment to take a Nikon 6T and a 5T.
Yes two 6T are +5,8, whereas 6T + 5T magnifies as +4,4, but that's not much, and for closer macros you could buy a second hand cheap 50mm WA to use reversed.

Two 6T stacked would focus at 15cm or less, so it would start to be difficult flashwise and distance wise (scaring insects).

On the other hand with the different lenses you could also find useful to only have the 5T on, which makes you do good tele macros from 40-45cm, very important for butterflies...

In my gallery last pages I have many Nikon 6T + 5T macros (never used 5T alone for now) and the most extreme ones are with reversed 50mm wide angle lens

MACROS

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 8:41 AM   #8

Hi Narmer,

Thanks for the inffo, i am seeing if a 5T is also available and if so i will get one of each, if not then it will be 2 6T's.

As for your 50mm WA lens, what is the brand and rough age of this lense you are reversing?

thanks,

r0nn13
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:32 AM   #9

Hi,

Well i managed to get my 6T lens, but it was sourced from a local camera store in New Zealand and only took 1 week to post to ireland, not bad.

Unfortunately I got the last one, so sorry for the bad news to anyone else looking to get this lens.

i will be trying it out tonight after work, and hope the spiders in the garage are hungry for more photo's.

r0nn13 :|