Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 30, 2006, 10:52 PM   #1

Last Thursday I ordered a Raynox DCR250 Macro Lens to use with my FZ20, and it arrived today. Love it -- excellent quality at a more than reasonable price ($129 Canadian for the lens & adapter, after tax). I haven't taken many pictures with it yet -- but here's one of the head of a moth that was hanging around the front door this evening...
Attached Images

DougG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2006, 9:44 AM   #2

Great texture.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 10:32 AM   #3

Could I ask where you got the lens from in Canada? I've ordered one from Henry's but there's a 3 week delay on it, I'm trying to find it somewhere else so I can get it a bit faster.

T
Twitch1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 10:42 AM   #4

Twitch1977, I ordered mine in-person at Simon's Cameras in Montreal. Great little store, with very knowledgeable and helpful staff. You could try e-mailing Simon's, or (if you're in Ontario near Markham), go to Edma Photo which I believe is the main Canadian distributor for Raynox. I know that Simon's Cameras ordered my lens from Edma. Good luck!
Old Jun 1, 2006, 9:08 AM   #5

It seems you got your self a good macro lens judging fromthe picture you posted. Are you able to combine/stack the Raynox 250 with other lenses?Does the lens have threads on the front of it?Your reply will beappreciated.
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:41 AM   #6

Macnite, there is a 49mm filter thread on the front of the DCR250 lens however I don't know if other lenses can be stacked in front of it. Check out the specs on the Raynox website here.