Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:57 AM   #1

Chimney top and hanging basket. This is a comparison between color effect settings (normal vs. warm).

CE = normal

Metering = matrix

EV = 0
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:58 AM   #2

CE = WARM

metering = matrix

EV = 0
Attached Images

Old Jun 5, 2006, 1:02 AM   #3

CE = normal

metering = center-weight

EV = 0
Attached Images

Old Jun 5, 2006, 1:08 AM   #4

CE = warm

metering = center-weight

EV = 0

Although the "warm" color effect did not change much thechimney shot,it alter the colors of the hanging basket significantly. My guess is that "warm" should not be used to photograph landscape showing lots of earth and green tones, unless you like the over saturation of browns turning almost into an "orangy" color and unnaturalgreens.
Attached Images

Old Jun 5, 2006, 1:20 AM   #5

i never use the "warm", "cool", or other color adjustments in the camera. if i want to do that, i can easily change the tone of the image in PP, so i leave the camera set to its normal, or standard, settings.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 3:18 PM   #6

I agree. I was just curious to see what kind of effect it would produce. When I had the S2, I used color effectVIVID but the primary reason for that was toreduce the softness of the images (A.K.A. "fog effect").For mynext test with the FZ20I willset the NOISE reduction to HIGH (under Pict adjustment) and play with the other controls (sharpness and contrast) to see if I can obtain less noisy images. I'm not giving up on it yet (I kept my S2 for about 4 months before deciding it was not a good camera at all, despite the good reviews it received). However, I who was never a big Sony fan, think that the H1 is probably the best 12x zoom camera in its class. As for the new Sony models (H2/H5), I think the H2 is not worth buying. Onewill be much better of with the H1. Now, the H5 isgreat camera and I'll probably buy one as prices come down.Cheers.