Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 6, 2006, 8:13 PM   #1

I found this site:

http://www.pemaraal.com/fz7ac.html

They make aluminum tubes for the Fz7 and Fz10 witch seem to be very nice and better the the plastic tube that comes standard.

I will order one, just a question, is it better to buy a 52mm or a 55mm witch size will i find more stuff for?
joelmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:05 PM   #2

Depends upon what you'll stick on the other end. Filter only? Go with the 52.
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 2:40 AM   #3

If you plan on buying a WA converter, I'd recommend the Raynox DCR 6600PRO, which also has a 52mm mount. As for tele converters, the Sony DH1758 1.7x has a 58mm thread while the TCON17 has a 62mm.So, one way to go is to buy a 52mmadapter (the Raynox RT5264P is one of the best (and cheap) and then a step up ring (either 52-58mm or 52-62mm) or get the 62mm adapter with a step down ring 62-58mm or 62-52mm. With any of these configurations (including the step up or down ring), vignetting is inevitable.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 7:57 AM   #4

Raynox RT5264P seems to be only for Fz10 Fz15 and Fz20 will it work on Fz7?

Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:24 AM   #5

joelmf wrote:
Quote:
Raynox RT5264P seems to be only for Fz10 Fz15 and Fz20 will it work on Fz7?

No the raynox adapter will not work on the FZ7. The one you found would be your best option if you need a stronger 1mm shorter adapter. I am using the stock 52mm adapter now and it works well. I need to sand off about 1mm to get the DCR-6600 to hopefully work without any vignette. But for both my 52mm tele lens it works fine. Filters are just fine on the stock plastic unit. If you already have 55mm filters and lens setups then get the Pemaraal in 55mm trim.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:56 AM   #6

I have some 52mm filters, I tought about buy a new tube to get a stronger one, the plastic seems a bit fragille. I find many filters in 52mm but lens converters I don't find many so i tought to buy the 55mm tube. anyway i can always add step rings to convert the sizes right?
vignette happens more when yoo have many adapter or the adapter is not close to the lens right?
Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:19 AM   #7

As a side note the TCON-17 has a 55mm thread and no threading at the wide end. Fits right onto the FZ-30 and works like a charm. I purchased one after looking at a test that was posted on the web (might have found the link here for that matter)compairing it to the considerably more expensive canon 1.7 tele. and Pana's converter. It holds it's own and in some instances is better than both at a price you can not beat.
As to filters B&H has a great selection of Hoya, Tiffen, B&W and Sun for sale and links to the comparative pages.I believe Tiffen has some warming filters on sale now as well as some kits.
KennJ
KennJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 3:36 PM   #8

joelmf wrote:
Quote:
I have some 52mm filters, I tought about buy a new tube to get a stronger one, the plastic seems a bit fragille. I find many filters in 52mm but lens converters I don't find many so i tought to buy the 55mm tube. anyway i can always add step rings to convert the sizes right?
vignette happens more when yoo have many adapter or the adapter is not close to the lens right?
There a some 52mm lens options (olympus and raynox) but 55mm has some very good ones as well. As for step rings, sure they can be used but are not usually good for wide angle adapters. Vignette is really only a serious concern for WA adapters. Most of the time with a telephoto lens you will zoom to 8x or more to get the reach.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 8:46 PM   #9

The Raynox 6600 Pro is available with 52mm or 55mm threads. I justgot the 55mm version from B&H. When used with the DMW-LA2 adapter there is no vignetting. The DMW-LA2 is much nicer than the plastichood/filter adaptercame with the camera. It's actually aluminium with an anodized black finish.
vaiboy is offline   Reply With Quote