Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:29 AM   #1

Took a few handheld macros w/my new FZ30 of my wife's potted Lilies in bloom. On the back porch (East side of house) in the shade with sun setting on the West side of the house. Considering the lighting and hand held, I don't feel they turned out too bad... I'll have to try them with the eary morning sun as a comparison.

C&C welcome... (All w/Some PP; no noise reduction)
1/13-sec

1/30-sec

1/20-sec

A backlit trumpet vine by the setting sun...

--
Telecorder
FZee5/FZee30+RD-S+OlyTC1.7X
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:46 AM   #2

Those look great Dave! Looks like your enjoying the new camera! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 1:02 AM   #3

Hi Jim,

Lets just say anxious to enjoy it. Had to wait a week for it to be delivered and work is getting busy again so no time to get out and fill up the cards. As I said, I'm anticipating needing to burn some vacation time as I have a itch that needsscratching! :-)

Thus far, I can see a definite improvement in the IQ, reach and all around extended capabilities of the FZ30 over my FZ5. Luckily, my FZ5's RDS mount adapter works on the TCON-17/FZ30 combo just as nice. The PVC coupler slides over for a tight friction fit on the tapered barrel of the TC without interfering with the focus/zoom ring of the FZ30. :G

I'm glad that I had the 6-months or so with my FZ5 to learn using a prosumer super zoom digi. It makes me appreciate the additional capabilities the FZ30 has even more.

By the by, how's the monsoon humidity and 110F+ temps feeling about now? Looks like the wife wants to go to Tempe in August for her sister's birthday... uggh..:sad:
Old Jun 7, 2006, 3:15 AM   #4

Very nice shots.* Unusual colored lillies. I too am enjoying shooting the flowers with my newish FZ30 on these bright sunny days.* *Here is* a shot I captured yesterday.* *[img]file://localhost/Users/perman/Desktop/P1030617_2.jpg[/img]Happy shooting!* * *FrumiousHHaFF
Frumious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:07 AM   #5

Tele, those are very nice indeed. Beautiful colors. Very vibrant.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 2:01 PM   #6

Dave, Monsoons still a few weeks off and as long as the temperatures don't get much over 110 I don't mind them. It's those nine months of fantastic weather that makes it all worth while! If you come in August you should be here for some of the monsoons, if we have any this year! You should be able to get some great lightning shots! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 2:15 PM   #7

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Dave, Monsoons still a few weeks off and as long as the temperatures don't get much over 110 I don't mind them. It's those nine months of fantastic weather that makes it all worth while! If you come in August you should be here for some of the monsoons, if we have any this year! You should be able to get some great lightning shots! Jim

Oh, yea... that would be a super opportunity w/ the 30 as well as the spectacular sunsets...