Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:46 AM   #1

I just ordered a FZ7, and want a small, preferably holster type case that will hold the camera with adapter and hood. What will fit the bill without being oversized? I don't need to carry any accessories other than an extra SD card and some lens paper.
safetyfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2006, 1:50 PM   #2

I see that Lowepro lists a Renzo TLZ10 or Renzo 110AW for the FZ7. Anyone have either and can comment? Will it fit with the hood and adapter on?
Old Jun 8, 2006, 4:21 PM   #3

safetyfast wrote:
Quote:
I see that Lowepro lists a Renzo TLZ10 or Renzo 110AW for the FZ7. Anyone have either and can comment? Will it fit with the hood and adapter on?
Hi I did the same search when I got my FZ7 as well. I went with the Rezo 10. You can see me feedback here. http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...hlight=FZ7+bag

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 4:48 PM   #4

Thanks Brett. That's probably the one I'll end up with. Did you look at the D-Res 30AW? Lowepro also recommends it Also, BTW, does the hood fit your FZ7 with the UV filter installed? Can't wait to get my camera.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 5:27 PM   #5

I opted for the Rezo 110AW. It is a great bag and smaller in person than I though it was going to be. It will fit my FZ7 with the lens adapter and a UV filter, with the lens hood in the reversed position. It also has a micro fibre cloth in the bag that is great for protecting the lcd from getting scratches. The AW part ( the hood that covers it) is awesome and it has a little pouch for organizing memory cards, as well as a small pocket on the front that I use to store the strap when not using it. It might be bigger than what you need, I though it would be too big for what I wanted, but I'm glad I got it.

Regards.
judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 8:38 AM   #6

safetyfast wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Brett. That's probably the one I'll end up with. Did you look at the D-Res 30AW? Lowepro also recommends it Also, BTW, does the hood fit your FZ7 with the UV filter installed? Can't wait to get my camera.
Yes you can install the hood with the UV filter in the adapter. The camera will fit with the hood reversed in the "stored" position. I also have a micro fiber cloth in the large compartment, a spare battery in the front and also a spare SD card in the front pouch. There is still some space for another card or two maybe even some filters if I really packed it tight. Oh, I also have a wrist strap connected to the FZ7 and that fits in as well. Really like the wrist strap now much better the a full neck strap.

-Brett

bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 9:11 AM   #7

Thanks again. I just noticed that the TLZ10 has the ability to attach to your belt, while the 110AW does not. I don't know if that should sway me at all. I'm assuming it would not really be convenient to carrry on a belt. The 110AW appears to be a nice case, and is only slightly larger. I also found it is on sale. There's no camera stores local . (I'm in a small town) So I'm forced to research and buy on the net, or drive an hour to browse.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 9:46 AM   #8

safetyfast wrote:
Quote:
Thanks again. I just noticed that the TLZ10 has the ability to attach to your belt, while the 110AW does not. I don't know if that should sway me at all. I'm assuming it would not really be convenient to carrry on a belt. The 110AW appears to be a nice case, and is only slightly larger. I also found it is on sale. There's no camera stores local . (I'm in a small town) So I'm forced to research and buy on the net, or drive an hour to browse.
Actually the 110 AW does have the ability to attach to a belt, and they have configured the top flap such that it opens and flips away from you rather than towards you. It makes removing the camera much easier. But you are right, a bag of this size doesn't really lend itself to being on your belt, I like carrying it with the attached strap (which is very nich and padded btw).
Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:33 AM   #9

Thanks Judge. Don't suppose you could post a pic? Does the top zip only or is there a quick release? Does the neck strap fit in the case?
Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:39 AM   #10

I'll take a few pics tonight when I get home. The neck strap does fit and you have to zip the top open, but it's not one of the bags where you have to pull back the velcro flap and then zip it open, it opens pretty quick.