Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 9, 2006, 2:38 PM   #1

Just rcvd the converter lens. Took some test shots and the results were good. The lens is attached to the camera with a step up ring. Now the questions.
Will the results eg distance, f-stop, shutter speed etc change if I get the adapter ring that is recommended for use w/coolpix cameras? This is one heavy bunch of glass hanging out there and the adaptter ring can use the support attachment which would then be mounted on a tripod. It also puts the lens furtheraway from the camera lens.
Don't really want to keep spending more money but if it would help significantly I"d consider it, but don't want to do it unless I know more than I do now. Thanks for any help. Norm W
reklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2006, 6:34 AM   #2

Please see my FZ-30 user guide for more details. (I believe I am the person who made the Nikon TC-E17ED 1.7X popular on the Panasonic FZ-30.) No, you don't need any adapter rings. You only need a 55-60 step-ring and you are all set. Aperture and shutter speed will not change; but, minimum focusing distance increases.

CK

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam

Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500/5700, Panasonic FZ-10/FZ-30, and Canon A95 User Guide

shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2006, 8:10 AM   #3

Dr. Shene... Thanks for the post. I have read and re-read your website re: FZ 30 and converters. It was why I bought the TC-E17. What confused me was the support bracket that came with the lens but did not fit on the lens barrel. It fits on the adapter ring that is a separate purchase. It would be good to have for stability on the tripod but if it changes the optics... forget it! Thanks for your efforts and willingness to post results.... Norm W
reklaw is offline   Reply With Quote