Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 11, 2006, 5:49 AM   #1

i have just ordered a panasonic lumix dmc-fz7 online. i really like macro photography and am wondering if you could recommend an add on lens that fits the fz7 that will give me greater magnification?
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:18 AM   #2

Hi schmintan,

There are quite a few topics concerning macro photography lenses in this forum. Go back few pages or type at the "search" box on top macro lenses and you will find it.
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 11:49 PM   #3

schmintan wrote:
Quote:
i have just ordered a panasonic lumix dmc-fz7 online. i really like macro photography and am wondering if you could recommend an add on lens that fits the fz7 that will give me greater magnification?

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 4:48 AM   #4

I'm having a blast with a new Raynox DCR-250.* The DCR-150 gets good marks in many posts too.* I have a few samples at: frumious.smugmug.com**Look at the last five shots in the FZ7 gallery.* * *Frumious
Frumious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 8:25 AM   #5

As lovelife's list indicates, there are many to choose from. Unfortunatley many of the lens on that list are in short supply if not discontinued and quite difficult to find. Since the fz7 comes with a 52mm lens adapter, that's where I would start. My first choice would be the52mmNikon 4t but that is nowhere to be found, so scratch that off. IMO, your best available 52mm lens is the +4 diopter Canon 250d for $70 at focuscamera. The +4 Raynox dcr150 is also an excellent choice ($40 at bugeyedigital). It comes with a snap on adapter that fits any diameter 52mm-67mm. Its shortcoming is its smaller lens diameter whichresults invignetting below 3-4x zoom.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:17 AM   #6

thanks so much for the help. thats exactly what i was looking for. il look for reviews of each and see whats the best and if its not 52mm il get an adapter for it, but i think il end up with the Canon 250d to start off. again thanks all
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:33 AM   #7

LoveLife , where did you get that list comparing all the macro lens's? is there one for tele converters?
Old Jun 15, 2006, 1:03 PM   #8

Actually fmoore, the nikon 4t/5t/6t can be found on henrys. The 4t is going for $63 with the case, check it out. http://www.henrys.com
treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 1:50 PM   #9

Treed - I've been looking all over henry's site for the 6T, and I'm not seeing it on there. What did you look under to find it? I'd love to get one.

Thanks!

Melissa
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 1:54 PM   #10

I only found the 4T, and it's out of stock. Oh well . . .
Mark27 is offline   Reply With Quote