Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:30 AM   #1

My daughter got married Saturday. No official photographer but many unofficial - the Father of the Bride being among them. The FX01 did pretty good up against its big brother the FZ5. The total series of 62 shots is at http://www.ishots.net/elliejonwedding/ The first half are with the fx01 the latter with the fz5.

FX01; 37mm, f3.1, 1/125s, iso80

[align=center]

[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=left]FX01; 28mm, f2.8, 1/100s, iso80[/align]

FZ5; 68mm, f4, 1/125s, iso80

FZ5; 432mm, f8, 1/540s, iso80

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:06 PM   #2

Hi Fred

Firstly congratulations to you and your family on your daughters wedding - fab news indeed .

Looking at the pics I can see why there was no offical photographer - the FX01 and FZ5 have done a superb job and thats all down to you.

Good to see you back and posting esp somethign as special as this.

Cheers

Harj

:|

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:10 PM   #3

Lovely shots fmoore.

I htink the last shot of the rings the great.

Who needs a official photographer when you can take shots like that.
stevetracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:28 PM   #4

Thanks for the comments. Harj, I've been trying to drum up some interest in the FX01 here to little or no avail. It's an amazing little camera. (The virtues of the FZ5 and now the FZ7 are well documented.) I'll keep posting samples.

Fred

Old Jun 13, 2006, 1:02 PM   #5

Fred, let me be an echo of the previous posts. Having recently gotten the FZ30 and still in kindergarten with it, I think maybe the FX01 might have been a better camera for me, but I hadn't heard of it before your first posts.

The photos, are excellent, but then also, you had an excellent subject, being a very lovely daughter. Congratulations to you and yours, and also to the couple.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 1:45 PM   #6

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the comments. Harj, I've been trying to drum up some interest in the FX01 here to little or no avail. It's an amazing little camera. (The virtues of the FZ5 and now the FZ7 are well documented.) I'll keep posting samples.

Fred

Fred,

Great photo's as always. But, just so you don't think your posts have fallen of deaf ears about the FX01, I wanted you to know some of us are listening. Your images and comments are a huge reason I recommended that camera to my brother-in-law, who is very happy with it. They are also one reason I'm seriously thinking about getting one myself. It think it would be a great addition and vary easy for my wife and son to use. I only wish I had bought one before his field trip to the amusement park a few weeks ago. Then I would have pics to go with the memories! Next time!!

Thought you should know. Thanks!!

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 3:19 PM   #7

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding and for the beautiful pictures you shared with us. All your pictures are lovely but the second one taken with the existing light is my favorite by far.
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 5:01 PM   #8

Jerry and Brett: Thanks for the nice words. The FZ30 (Jerry)and FZ7(Brett)are considerably better cameras than the FX01 but the pocketablity and ease of use of this little Leica lensedgem make for wonderful off the cuff shots. See my comments to Macnite.

Macnite, your kind words are much appreciated. I had been taking some posed shots with the fz5 and had place it down in another room when I sawhergetting her shoe onusing that bench in the window. Fortunately the fx01 was in my pocket and ready to go. The light was right and so was the timing.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 5:29 PM   #9

Hi Fred

I really like these shots "Still setting up", "No turning back" and "Placing Jon's Ring" are all really special and I love the composition and lighting in these pictures.

I think the FZ5, LX1 and FX01 have been some of the best cam's produced by Panasonic period. I just had another glance at a couple of reviews on the FX01 and all of them really praised the cam. A quote from Simon's review over at dpreview:

"If the wide lens and compact size are important to you, the FX01 is a no-brainer, and even if they aren't, this is a camera it's easy to recommend - especially if you don't really need high ISO performance. I liked the FX01 a lot - a lot more than I expected to, and it only misses a Highly Recommended thanks to the mediocre low light performance."

So if anyone's looking for a pocket sized cam you simply can't go wrong with either the FX01 or if you want more manual control the LX1/DLUX2 (although this has now been discontinued)

Cheers

HarjTT

:O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 10:34 PM   #10

Nice shots of course. Gotta tell you, I had to laugh when I saw the pic with the church sign and grave markers in the background. "Till death do us part..." ?? :-) or maybe you were thinking 'it's all over now' ? :-)) I'm sure it's the former.

Congrats !
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote