Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 14, 2006, 2:54 PM   #1

Chat Transcript

This is an automatically generated copy of your chat transcript. The following information is a log of your session. Please save this log for your records.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave: Curious-What's up w/Pany FZ30 'Discontinued' background issue?

DAN: Welcome, Dave, We are reviewing your question and will be with you shortly.

DAN: The black was discontinued by the manufacturer. We have sold out all of our stock of this item and we can not get this item anymore.
DAN: The silver is still in stock but
DAN: once those are sold out,
DAN: we will never have them again.

Dave: Thanks, Dan! Your posting is creating a stir of conjectures on the forums... Any insights into a possible FZ40?

DAN: I did not post anything, but I see that you did. http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=18830070

DAN: The Panasonic rep was here last week and he did not mention anything about the FZ-30 or the 40.

Dave: I meant B&H posting of 'Discontinued' on the B&H web page for FZ30... sorry..
DAN: It was not a B&H decision. If we had any say it in, all cameras would be black
Dave: 'Tis great to see B&H reads our posts-- you guys have a great rep for your pricing/service; If only Pany would read and take some of our advice...LOL!
Dave: 'Tis great to see B&H reads our posts-- you guys have a great rep for your pricing/service; If only Pany would read and take some of our advice...LOL!

DAN: Manufactuers will give the press release about a new camera to Phil Askey and B&H on the same day.
DAN: Can I help you with anything else?
Dave: Thanks for the insight and taking the time to answer. This Live feature is long overdue and great service!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2006, 02:41:00 PM
Topic: Digital Photo Chat
Domain: bhphotovideo.com
Agent Name: DAN

So, there you have it! Kudos to B&H and Dan! Their Live Chat is great for documenting Q&A statements when conversing w/them. ALL web-based , reputable, vendors needs to incorporate this feature as B&H has!

I wonder if we'll see the FZ30 pricing start to escalate now that they have been discontinued. A good digi such as the FZ30 model has a large and loyal following... supply is now drying up. Maybe this portends a new announcement in the next month or so...

Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2006, 5:30 PM   #2

Good, I got tired of watching my camera get so cheap.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 5:44 PM   #3

Corpsy wrote:
Quote:
Good, I got tired of watching my camera get so cheap.
Actually, that's why I wound up getting my FZ5 last Novemebr. I read the reviews and wanted to stay below $500. I was able to get it at Abe's for $423... while the FZ30 was >$600.

A few weeks ago, I decided that the prices of the 30 were getting to a great price and I picked one up for $472. Now, it looks like they'll be going lower for a month or so to move inventory but I'm betting that, once the inventory is dried up, the 30's prices will start commanding a premium thereafter... Even if they don't, I still have a dam* good digi....
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 5:51 PM   #4

Corpsy nicely put ..lol!

i still find this situation odd - Pana's LX1/LEica Dlux 2 is in the same boat as the FZ30 both are still being adverstised on PAna's site but have been discontinued and supply has been short. I know from the Leica forum that the Pana manufactured a specific number of DLUX2's and that they were all sold out within a very short period of time and that its a similar case with the LX1. That just makes me sure that the within the next month or so that there will be an FZ40 and an LX2/DLux3.

Cheers

Harj

:O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote