Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 15, 2006, 9:50 AM   #1

Hi fellas,

It has been awhile.

Well well, I have been waiting to shoot a similar species like this changeable lizard for a long time. I have taken a pic of a green crested lizard before, and since than did not succeed in getting another as they scram very fast as soon as you approach them....usually out running you into the bushes or trees.

But, today, saw this baby...running as fast as it can, but no matter, it can only progress one step away from me! So took the chance to shoot it. Only thing it was on the grass, so had to lay on my elbows to shoot it....now suffering rashes as I am allergic to grass!

INFORMATION:
I have read that this fella is a immigrant, and not native to Spore, but was introduced here in the 80s either from north Malaysia or Thailand. It is slowly replacing our native Green crested lizard, which has a brighter green colour than these.

Appreciate your comments!

FZ10+6T+Sigma CU, F8, ISO50, 1/125-160s, Ext flash bounce

#1: Introduction: Baby Changeable Lizard
This fella about 4" or 10cm

#2:Try to hide but I can still see you....
This reminds me of the Jurassic park scene where the raptors were eyeing the hunter with its eyes! :lol:

#3:My Portrait

#4: See my baby teeth!

#5: Say AHHHH!

#6: Bye!
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2006, 9:55 AM   #2

Perfection! Absolutely gorgeous shots, Tchuanye!
DougG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 10:11 AM   #3

Thanks DougG!
Old Jun 16, 2006, 2:10 PM   #4

2 to 6 are really very nice.

I remember your shots of a crested lizard.

Instead you seem not to have stumbled in snakes although you have many in Singapore, but maybe it's better like that for so many are venomous...

I should finally buy an external flash, for FZ20 on board one looses too much light when bounced or even diffused.

Do you think it's better to get a small one with synchro wire so that I can put it wherever I want, or a standard big one for the hot shoe ?

Narmer
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 4:08 PM   #5

stunning
DaveMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 5:52 PM   #6

Fantastic shots! Great detail and color. Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 9:40 PM   #7

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
2 to 6 are really very nice.

I remember your shots of a crested lizard.

Instead you seem not to have stumbled in snakes although you have many in Singapore, but maybe it's better like that for so many are venomous...

I should finally buy an external flash, for FZ20 on board one looses too much light when bounced or even diffused.

Do you think it's better to get a small one with synchro wire so that I can put it wherever I want, or a standard big one for the hot shoe ?

Narmer
I have only taken one snake shot in Nov 04, and that was a venomous snake. Snakes in Spore are usually found in the forest, and we don't have very much of that here. Some can be found in only certain parks, so the chance of seeing one, and shooting one is not so common.

For flash selection, first I would want is manual power controls....I awfully missed that from my now dead FL28. Those shot I took above are by the old Achiever 828 with bounce flash with sync wire. So hotshoe or sync wire? Well, both get the job done, but with the sync method, one has MORE flexibility to position the flash. If I see any shadows at key areas, I would switch the position of the flash.

rgds

Old Jun 16, 2006, 9:41 PM   #8

Thanks DaveMcGee, Jim!
Old Jun 17, 2006, 10:31 AM   #9

Super photos!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2006, 6:34 PM   #10

Thank you Tchuanye

I think I ll go that way, although then I may miss the full power of an external flash in non macro situations...
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote