Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 16, 2006, 4:04 AM   #1

ok, ive narrowed down my choice of macro lens for my panasonic FZ7. i wana go for the raynox DCR 150, and also the Raynox DCR 250.

i have a few questions though, can these lens'es be stacked or do i need to get an adapter to go between the two?

i want to get a telphoto lens so that i can gain some distance from my subjects but im not sure what works well with the raynox that will also fit my FZ7. anyone got any advice on this?

schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2006, 4:22 AM   #2

schmintan wrote:
Quote:
anyone got any advice on this?
..just read the answers to your other threads!

Can't wait to see your +12,8 diopter stacked shots...

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 6:27 AM   #3

i have read them, but i cant see anything about stacking the raynox lenses! its prob in front of my face!
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 7:42 AM   #4

Just look at my chart of achromats:
http://www.geocities.com/seemolf/ach...achromats.html
There are some tables written for these lenses, most are not uptodate and there was none of them showing the front threads - needed for stacking.

So here is a "serious" answer:
Stacking raynox lenses...
FZ-camera - raynox snapin adapter 52-67mm - 43mm raynox dcr250 - 49mm front - stepdown ring 49-43mm - 43mm raynox dcr150.
This gives you 12,8 diopters and lots of vignetting, a field of view around 0,4 inches and a depth of view around 0,2mm.
Distance to the objects less than 4 inches.

Not the ideal conditions for beginners, in fact I have never heard of anybody stacking such strong lenses (we use reversed lenses in this case). I have stacked some expensive elpro lenses some time ago - the results were no longer "achromatic!"

Please read freds (fmoores) advice again!
Start with low diopters and low zoom factors!!

Sven

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 8:31 AM   #5

schmintan wrote:
Quote:
i want to get a telphoto lens so that i can gain some distance from my subjects but im not sure what works well with the raynox that will also fit my FZ7. anyone got any advice on this?
Combining/stacking a macro and tele lens reduces the quality and is of little use. See http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23 I wouldn't recommend it.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 1:38 PM   #6

fmoore, gotta quick question for ya man. Your avatar picture, what lens did you use for that? It's such an amazing shot so I was just wondering.
treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 9:16 PM   #7

Treed - I'm not absolutely sure, but I think the boxelder bug avatarwas taken with the fz1 and the oly b-macro stacked on the raynox dcr250 for +11 diopters. Some cropping was done. As I recall, the dof was about 1-2mm.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2006, 9:50 AM   #8

Reading this post give me the idea that I can fit a close up lensat the back of the MCON-40 to get better magnification, Is that right and if so what would you recommend for my FZ-30?
I have a MCON-40 that I fit in front of a UV filter, Do I need to take the filter off before fitting MCON-40?

Thanks

lello
lello is offline   Reply With Quote