Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 23, 2006, 1:49 PM   #21

Way to Go, KoolShot!

I'm sure that as you get more experienced with its capabilities and get your techniques down, you'll thoroughly enjoy using it. Just remember to post often w/EXIF info if any concerns and that patience, practice and persistence will get you a far way along...!
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2006, 4:03 PM   #22

Telecorder:

Thanks for your advice! And, I now have a lot of confidence in the members of this excellent forum! I have not experienced this kind of help on some of the other digicam forums! It seemed as though everyone there had been asleep, everytime that I had asked my questions there? It's nice to know that all of you fellas here, are very knowledgeable and, are so willing to help each other(Even us "Newbies" in the world of photograpy)!
koolshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2006, 8:44 PM   #23

For camera warranties I get mine from my insurance carrier for my home and auto. Mine warranties the camera for $12/yr which includes repairs/replacement if droppedor a lost camera.NO deductible. Called Valuable Personal Property policy or Personal Articles Floater.
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 1:32 AM   #24

Telecorder:

1)I just read a supposed problem with a certain fuse blowing in the FZ30's that would totally make the camera inoperable? I'm wondering just how many owner's of these FZ30's have had this fuse problem?

2)Regarding the above fuse, can this fuse be replaced by the camera owner-or, does this require the camera to be repaired by a repair facility?
Old Jun 24, 2006, 1:37 AM   #25

stnkline:

1)Does your camera warranty through your home insurance carrier, also cover malfunctions or defects in your camera-or, only for loss or damage to the camera, from being dropped(Or, for some other reason?)?

2)Who is your home insurance carrier that offers this type of insurance for your camera, for only $12 per year?

THANKS!
Old Jun 24, 2006, 2:47 PM   #26

koolshot wrote:
Quote:
Telecorder:

1)I just read a supposed problem with a certain fuse blowing in the FZ30's that would totally make the camera inoperable? I'm wondering just how many owner's of these FZ30's have had this fuse problem?

2)Regarding the above fuse, can this fuse be replaced by the camera owner-or, does this require the camera to be repaired by a repair facility?

Never heard of that problem.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:39 PM   #27

I have only seen one or two reports of a fuse in the past 8-months or so. Apparently the fuse is soldered to the circuit boardand has to be sent in to be repaired. I don't think that its a very common issue, though...

By and large, I haven't really seen many incidents of issues w/Pany digis in my 8-months or so of reading/posting on the major forums. Maybe others could comment...
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:39 PM   #28

Telecorder:

1)Well, as nice of a camera that the Panasonic FZ30 seems to be(In it's price range)it seems silly to me, for Panasonic to have soldered this fuse to a circuit board(Rather than to place it in a user replaceable area)? Even if this fuse were to blow only once every year or so, this could become very expensive, to have to keep sending an FZ30 in for repair!

2)The above, makes me wonder if there are very many other Brands of digital cameras similar to the FZ30,that mightalso have fuses inside their cameras-and, if so, are theyalso fastened to a circuit board(Or, not?)?:?

3)I hope that others might post here, regarding this fuse problem?:!:
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:51 PM   #29

koolshot wrote:
Quote:
Telecorder:

1)Well, as nice of a camera that the Panasonic FZ30 seems to be(In it's price range)it seems silly to me, for Panasonic to have soldered this fuse to a circuit board(Rather than to place it in a user replaceable area)? Even if this fuse were to blow only once every year or so, this could become very expensive, to have to keep sending an FZ30 in for repair!

2)The above, makes me wonder if there are very many other Brands of digital cameras similar to the FZ30,that mightalso have fuses inside their cameras-and, if so, are theyalso fastened to a circuit board(Or, not?)?:?

3)I hope that others might post here, regarding this fuse problem?:!:

If that fuse blows once a year, that indeed would be a huge design flaw. However, I doubt that this is the case. This is the first I have ever heard of this issue.

Rainer
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:05 AM   #30

rduve:

)Maybe, if some more FZ30 owner's will chime-in here about this fuse situation, we might be able to ascertain just how much of a problem(Or a weakness?)that this certain fuse could prove to be, with these cameras?

2)I think that it would be interesting to know if there are other cameras that use a similar fuse, that could be just as vulnerable to blowing for the same reasons that would cause an FZ30 fuse to blow? In this case, I would just view this as being more of a normal condition(And, par for the course, for any camera!)rather than being some sort of a design defect in the Panasonic FZ30?