Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 27, 2006, 6:13 PM   #51

KennJ wrote:
Quote:
Better quality comes from multi-coated lenses and of course they are costly in comparison to single coated glass. Guess I was not very clear on what I said or ment to say.
Plenty to read on the subject. A quick search at Google with linear vs circular polarisers gave way more info than I would ever consider reading.
I was simply offering an assist to a new camera owner and certainly not trying to get caught up in a argument or such. Lifes just to short.
Judging from the posts in this thread I imagine koolshot will look at all the angles well and work it out fine.
KennJ

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 8:36 PM   #52

I hate to have to put both of you fella's through this polarizer thing again-but, let's see if I'm understanding which is the correct polarizer for an FZ30?:

1)A linear polarizer is technically the correct one to use-since the FZ30 is not andigital SLR camera: True?

2)Although, both an linear polarizer and an circular polarizer should work on an FZ30, the circular polarizer is more expensive and it may(Or, it may not?)give better results than an linear polarizer: True?

3)A circular polarizer is the only one that should be used on a true, digital SLR camera because of a certain way that it's lens splits it's beam(Or, something like this?)? Therefore, an linear polarizer would definately be incorrect for this specific type of an camera?: True?

4)Please correct me wherever I may have misunderstood anything above? Thanks again!
koolshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 9:09 PM   #53

koolshot wrote:
Quote:
I hate to have to put both of you fella's through this polarizer thing again-but, let's see if I'm understanding which is the correct polarizer for an FZ30?:

1)A linear polarizer is technically the correct one to use-since the FZ30 is not andigital SLR camera: True?

2)Although, both an linear polarizer and an circular polarizer should work on an FZ30, the circular polarizer is more expensive and it may(Or, it may not?)give better results than an linear polarizer: True?

3)A circular polarizer is the only one that should be used on a true, digital SLR camera because of a certain way that it's lens splits it's beam(Or, something like this?)? Therefore, an linear polarizer would definately be incorrect for this specific type of an camera?: True?

4)Please correct me wherever I may have misunderstood anything above? Thanks again!

You got it right.

:-)
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 9:42 PM   #54

reduve:

Thank you!

koolshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 5:25 PM   #55

I Just ran into this problem. I changed the battery with the camera power on and apparently blew the fuse. I'm now trying to find out if anybody has replaced the fuse themselves. I'd rather try to fix it than spend $175+ to have a fuse replaced. I can buy service manuals on line and I suppose I can buy the fuse. I'm just a little fearful of disassembling the fz30 but my fear will be overcome by the high cost if I send it out.

John
koolshot wrote:
Quote:
Telecorder:

1)I just read a supposed problem with a certain fuse blowing in the FZ30's that would totally make the camera inoperable? I'm wondering just how many owner's of these FZ30's have had this fuse problem?

2)Regarding the above fuse, can this fuse be replaced by the camera owner-or, does this require the camera to be repaired by a repair facility?
jdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote