Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 25, 2006, 8:20 AM   #11

Here is the image of my new diffuser

And how its attached....

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2006, 9:46 AM   #12

If you'll permit me another quick question. I was just wondering how you use your diffused flash, do you leave it with the head pointing straight up as shown in your first picture or do you tilt the head?

I've been using a Sunpak 383 with one of those omnibounce diffuser cups, usually I keep it on 1/16th power and play a bit with it if I'm getting too much or not enough light, but my results are nothing like what you're getting (I have thread with some dragonfly macros posted a few down in this forum and the results are no where close to what you're getting in terms of lighting.)

I guess I need to track me down some corrugated plastic, velcro and find some sort of cable so I can get my flash a little more external.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, it's much appreciated!

T
Twitch1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2006, 10:05 AM   #13

Twitch1977 wrote:
Quote:
If you'll permit me another quick question. I was just wondering how you use your diffused flash, do you leave it with the head pointing straight up as shown in your first picture or do you tilt the head?

I've been using a Sunpak 383 with one of those omnibounce diffuser cups, usually I keep it on 1/16th power and play a bit with it if I'm getting too much or not enough light, but my results are nothing like what you're getting (I have thread with some dragonfly macros posted a few down in this forum and the results are no where close to what you're getting in terms of lighting.)

I guess I need to track me down some corrugated plastic, velcro and find some sort of cable so I can get my flash a little more external.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, it's much appreciated!

T
I use my hand to position the flash, and the flash is left pointed up, so its really does not matter. If I want some frt lighting, I put it infront side ways or horizontal. If to the side, I position to the side.

If its underexposed, I lean the flash towards the subject or bring it nearer.

If on the hot shoe, its the same principle.....tilt more to get more light.

Don't get discourage, it takes practice to play around with the settings to get a better feel. Your DF shots seem to be taken in bright sunlight, so its a challenge as the flash may overexposed the highlights....as I mentioned in the first reply, play with the few settings....like bright sunlight, my exp is to use faster shutter....sometimes even 1/1000s with flash to get the right exposure. so play with the settings and you will better appreciate what each parameter does.

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote