Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:55 PM   #1

I recently bought a FZ7, and spending most of my summer break learning the different features on it. Hopefully when it stops raining I can go out and take some better pictures, but until then, here's a picture of a rose thats in my kitchen. I played around with Photoshop, since I'm learning how to use that too.

Be honest and I look forward to your advice

Kofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2006, 9:19 PM   #2

You're off to a pretty good start. Red can be a tough color, but you seem to have captured it without oversaturating it. Good job.

Since you asked for some tips, I'll give you two easy ones.

1. Try not to cut off the petal tips. You've cut off just a bit from the top and bottom of the flower. For this kind of shot you probably want to get all of the flower into the photo.

2. Watch out for the background. If you would have moved the flower a little bit, you could have worked with a background that works with your photo instead of against it.

Having said that, please understand that this is a darn fine effort. I do not want to discourage you. Far from it, please keep shooting and posting. We love looking at each other's work in this forum and learning from each other.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:55 PM   #3

Nice shot and an excellent reply by Ladyhawk
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:13 PM   #4

LadyhawkVA wrote:
Quote:
You're off to a pretty good start. Red can be a tough color, but you seem to have captured it without oversaturating it. Good job.

Since you asked for some tips, I'll give you two easy ones.

1. Try not to cut off the petal tips. You've cut off just a bit from the top and bottom of the flower. For this kind of shot you probably want to get all of the flower into the photo.

2. Watch out for the background. If you would have moved the flower a little bit, you could have worked with a background that works with your photo instead of against it.

Having said that, please understand that this is a darn fine effort. I do not want to discourage you. Far from it, please keep shooting and posting. We love looking at each other's work in this forum and learning from each other.
Dont worry you didnt discourage me, if anything, I was excepting worse:-). Thanks for the tips, it's a big help.
Kofo is offline   Reply With Quote