Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:11 AM   #1

I downloaded images this afternoon to my iBook without incident. Tonight when I turn on the camera, I get 2 beeps and the message that the memory card is protected. Switching out to another card yields the same message. What happened and how do I fix it?
DrCheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2006, 9:50 AM   #2

Check to see if the tab on the side of the SD card has been repositioned to the write protect position. You might try sliding it up and down a few times.Try in camera to see if this is the issue. If not, I'm not sure how/what issue there may be w/the camera settings...

You may also want to use a card reader and view the SD memory via the PC to see if your IPod wrote info on card to make it Read Only...
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 9:59 AM   #3

I tried a very low tech solution this morning and took the battery out of the camera for a couple of hours. I re-inserted it and the problem was gone. It seems to have been with the camera and not the card. Thanks!
DrCheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:02 AM   #4

Very good. Actually, the manual, I believe, suggests this approach (battery reset) for a number of similar, non-sensical issues...
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote