Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 2, 2006, 4:32 PM   #1

I have read on Panasonics home page that the FX01 has an auto Bracketing mode(3 frames). Yet I havnt seen it described in any reviews. does anyone know the camera does have this mode and how it works?
Jack
jackw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2006, 8:58 PM   #2

The fx01 does have auto bracketing as do all the Panasonics as far as I know. It is accessed by pushin the up toggle twice and choosing ev +/- 1/3, 2/3,or 1 from whatever ev value the camera is set at. Ex: camera set at -1/3 ev and auto bracketing set at +/- 1/3 would result in three shots taken, 1 each at at ev -2/3, -1/3 and 0.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 9:02 PM   #3

Thanks fpr the explanation
Jack
Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:23 PM   #4

fmore,
Another question since you seem o know panasonic. The FX01 does not have a "stitch assist". Does it have an exposure lock option to take your own panoramics?
Thanks
Jack
Old Jul 4, 2006, 8:05 AM   #5

jackw wrote:
Quote:
fmore,
Another question since you seem o know panasonic. The FX01 does not have a "stitch assist". Does it have an exposure lock option to take your own panoramics?
Thanks
Jack
No exposure lock, per se. You can lock exposure (and focus) with a shutter half-press and reframe. That's what I do with panos. Start with the middle shot and return to that position and lock exposure/focus for each subsequent shot left and right of center keeping the horizon constant and overlapping about 1/3.

Fred
Old Jul 4, 2006, 4:21 PM   #6

I never bother with exposure lock. just manual focus, A priority and shoot. I use autostich to join them and it does a great job. I tried manual exposure but if you turn around about 90 degrees taking photos you want to join some of your shots will be over- or underexposed. If you have all of them correctly eposed Autostich doesn't care what shutter speed you used, it just joins them.
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 8:27 PM   #7

Does the FX01 have any manual modes focusing or exposure, especially exposure. I'd get one but as far as I mcould tell it was missing PASM. :sad:
VinnyP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 9:15 PM   #8

VinnyP! wrote:
Quote:
Does the FX01 have any manual modes focusing or exposure, especially exposure. I'd get one but as far as I mcould tell it was missing PASM. :sad:
Unfortunetely it does not have any manual control, sorry. Though you set up to an 8 sec exposure with it. Pretty sure that's when you use thenight portrait or night landscape scene modes.
treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 9:46 PM   #9

VinnyP! wrote:
Quote:
The short answer is no. The fx01 is pretty much a pure point &shoot. Very little manual control. The aperture will go from f2.8 to f11.Different f stops are attainable as min and max only (nothing in between)atspecific focal lengthsas shown in the table below.

Shutter speeds can go from 1/2000s to 60s. The default minimum slow shutter speed can beset to 1/8s (factory default), 1/4s, 1/2s, and 1s. So there is some minimal control there for low light non-flash and slow sync flash shots. (Normal flash is setto 1/30s.) Night scene mode will keep the shutter open for as long as 8 sec but there is no way to actually set it. Starry sky mode will let you set the shutter speed to 15s, 30s, or 60s.

I have the fx01 and like it alot. It's a well made28mm wa ultra compact p&s and does a very nice job as such.