Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:31 PM   #1

no photo this time, folks, just wanted to pass on a couple of interesting tidbits... well, they're interesting to me, anyway! :lol:

first, i sold a copy of the bubble pic - my second sale! whoop-dee-do, i know, but hey, it's a start! and we all know that an avalanche can start with a single stone... and i also have sales pending on a couple of other pics, including the Ruby Sunset one i shot with my FZ20 last summer.

even more promising, i got an email from the photo editor at the paper that ran the pic the other day, passing on the name and contact info for a guy who wants to use the pic in a project or production of some sort that he's working on! i don't know the details yet, but it sounds like that bit of front-page exposure might actually turn into something!

between these and getting a shot selected for the calendar the local botanical garden is publishing this year, it feels like things are starting to happen. and i have to say, this forum helped me tremendously. a lot of people here offered advice, encouragement, and tips that have helped me a great deal. some of those folks are still here, a lot more aren't - at least they don't post anymore - but i'm grateful to all of you for all you've taught me, and for the kind words that have encouraged me to improve my art and - hopefully - take it to a higher level.

this has to be the best camera forum on the web... :G
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:53 PM   #2

Congratulations and lets hope this starts the avalanche. I have really enjoyed your photos and it looks like the people that pay are starting to take notice.

roger (The Old Newbie)
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:56 PM   #3

Congratulations, I find it interesting. The bubble photo was quite exceptional. Don't know that I saw the Ruby Sunset, but I have seen sunsets you did recently. I com-mented that we do not have spectacular sunsets like that here.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Good luck and maybe it will pay for the cam D30, at least.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:06 PM   #4

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations, I find it interesting. The bubble photo was quite exceptional. Don't know that I saw the Ruby Sunset, but I have seen sunsets you did recently. I com-mented that we do not have spectacular sunsets like that here.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Good luck and maybe it will pay for the cam D30, at least.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Jerry
thanks, Jerry... and in case you weren't in the forum when i posted the Ruby Beach shot, here it is again...

Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:28 AM   #5

U go m8t
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 1:04 AM   #6

Congratulations.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 8:40 AM   #7

Spectacular sunset squirl!! I hope everything turns out your way! You deserve it! Your passion and talent for photography is evident. All the best.
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 9:04 AM   #8

Ruby Beach is a spectacular shot. Appears as though the sun has dropped into a valley like on the beach itself, rather unusual by beautiful shot. I see by the photo the name Rockwell, any relation to Norman? The talent to composition is there. :idea:

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 9:42 AM   #9

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Ruby Beach is a spectacular shot. Appears as though the sun has dropped into a valley like on the beach itself, rather unusual by beautiful shot. I see by the photo the name Rockwell, any relation to Norman? The talent to composition is there. :idea:

Jerry
thanks, Jerry, no relation...