Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 11, 2006, 1:00 AM   #1

Okay, I'd better 'fess up: I did not take this photo with my Panny. I had my Pentax P&S with me when I went for a quick walk on my morning break. I wish I would have had the Panny, though! I don't think this shot is too bad, but I'm sure I could have done better.

I've decided to stop carrying around the P&S and keep the Panny with me at all times. I could kick myself for missing this opportunity!
Attached Images

LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:29 AM   #2

LadyhawkVA wrote:
Quote:
I'm sure I could have done better.
I agree, having seen your posts in this forum. However, this is still a nice picture, compositionwise, of a bird in motion taken from aboveand showingthe wing pattern. The photo looks a little 'washed out'. If only you could PP it a little to make it bright, it would be a good shot.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:42 AM   #3

Hi LadyhawkVA,

I know what you mean about the Panny. I love my FZ30. I'm still learning on it however and am no pro by any stretch of the word, but I am having a great time taking pictures in a way I never have before. :-)

I thought I'd supply this thread with a picture of a couple of birds in flight taken with the FZ30 just for kicks. You inspired me. :lol:

This first oneis also a Great Blue Heron in flight taken in FL. I did a little post processing to bring it up some. It was a slightly overcast day and thefocal length was 89mm, exposure timewas at 1/250 sec., F/7.1, ISO-100.
Attached Images

gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:56 AM   #4

And here is a White Egret (of some kind) taken with the same camerathe same day at the same location in FL. I also did a little post processing to bring it out just a tad. (love post processing)

* focal length 89mm, f/3.7, ET 1/500 sec., ISO 100 *

Both shots were totally taken without prep or setup as you can probably tell by the extreme whiteness of the egret. Just nab and shoot! haha

Thanks for posting and sharing. :-)

Happy photo taking! :|Teree

Attached Images

gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 1:27 PM   #5

gotta.learn:

Thanks for posting your photos. Birds in Flight are exciting and frustrating to shoot. I guess the excitement comes from the fact that the occasional successes follow so many failures or almost-got-thems.

Raghu:
Maybe I'll try a bit more PP work. All the right elements were in place - - - except for the right camera!

Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:50 PM   #6

LHawk

Thats still a pretty good shot esp capture with a small P&S . I was taking my FZ10 with me to work just incase I deided to wonder off afterwards but for the last coupel of months its only getting out on the weekends. I gotta agree on shooting birds in flight for me and the FZ10 they are just too darn hard !!

Gotta Laern a coupel of pretty decent shots there too!

Cheers

HarjTT

:O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 7:43 PM   #7

Okay, I took Raghu's advice and played with this photo a bit more. I warmed up the lighting a bit and boosted the saturation. I think this one looks better. What do you think?
Attached Images

Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:46 AM   #8

herez one of my "bird in flight" snaps...unfortunately against a blank sky.

Attached Images

kdadi is offline   Reply With Quote