Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 11, 2006, 7:43 PM   #1

Click on the previews to see the photos at full screen size-

In Photo #3, I am few meters from that pyramidal summit amid the Accellica Mountain (Avellino, Italy), which can be seen in the distance in the other pics.

Francesco

http://digilander.libero.it/peribsen/indice.htm

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2006, 8:01 PM   #2

Beautiful photos. My son will be Italy in about a week. He enjoyed your photos too.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 3:31 AM   #3

Excellent series and enjoyed viewing...Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 8:24 AM   #4

Splendid views, you have so much to use as subjects. As for the photos, what can I say, but that as always you excel above the amateurs, like myself. Great work.

Thanks for sharing.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 2:26 PM   #5

Thank you LadyhawkVA, Bootneck3 and Bayourebel.

Bayourebel as I always say it maybe much more in the availability of subjects and skills in PP with Photoshop.

Especially fora pic like the last one, shot from 8 Km away and with some haze (and distance always makes pics hazy even if the sky is clear).

One has to get the right Manual WB (Auto and Sunny always have too much Cyan and blue, Cloudy is too reddish/yellowish , maybe abitbetter for the long distance shots).

Then you have to control the contrast and levels and desaturate cyans and blues in the grass and clouds...
Not just click "auto colors", "auto levels" or "auto contrast" in Photoshop.

It's very frustrating to have to rehearse that my first digicam, a Canon Powershot A300, 33mm no zoom, had far better color reproduction (andeven broader dyn. range) than FZ20 ... Thus Photoshop knowledge is a must to turn the pics better than they are as out of the camera.... Only FZ1 and FZ5 retain a good color reproduction among the FZ UZs: it's nota problem of too saturated colors, but of color shifts.
Every prim-second. color except for yellows is rendered in a more or less different hue.

A pity, for a camera which could be really great

Nar

FRancesco
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:47 PM   #6

Narmer, thanks for the reply. I have been dabbling with the levels, brightness, and contrast in Photoshop Elements 4, but still have a lot to learn as this is all still relatively new to me. I do love to see the work of others, because not only is it beautiful, but, also inspiring and a goal to aim for.

Thanks again.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote