Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 12, 2006, 3:29 AM   #1

Hello all,

I bought a 2gb sd card of a well known internet auction site and up to now it has been fine.

2 days ago I decided to review some shot and a small video 'in the camera' all my shots and the video were gone nothing at all to review, I put the card in the computer card reader and opened the file, it was all gobbledygook just a load of icons in html format.

I tried to open the files but all said empty, some of the icons were 2.5 gb 3.4gb very large files when I looked in properties some were created in 2088! 2065 years from now and some in 1995 when the camera was not invented!

Anyone help with this as I cannot trust the card.

Baskerville.
Baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2006, 4:24 AM   #2

Try this:

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

to see if you can recover your files and then try formatting your card in the camera and hope it's a one off glitch!

Charlie
f1charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:07 PM   #3

Baskerville wrote:
Quote:
Hello all,

I bought a 2gb sd card of a well known internet auction site and up to now it has been fine.

2 days ago I decided to review some shot and a small video 'in the camera' all my shots and the video were gone nothing at all to review, I put the card in the computer card reader and opened the file, it was all gobbledygook just a load of icons in html format.

I tried to open the files but all said empty, some of the icons were 2.5 gb 3.4gb very large files when I looked in properties some were created in 2088! 2065 years from now and some in 1995 when the camera was not invented!

Anyone help with this as I cannot trust the card.

Baskerville.
Quote:
How can the file sizes be 2.5gb and 3.4gb when it's only a 2gb card?
Quote:
Are you sure you're reading the correct card?
ipaqowner is offline   Reply With Quote