Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 17, 2006, 4:29 AM   #21

My word, brilliant !!! Bali. Love them all, nice work at these ratios. Superb and good on ya :-).

Funny how butterflies have hairs actually coming through the eyes huh, always makes me smile. Without macro, we miss out on details like that. Wonderful work

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:43 AM   #22

Thank you very much the kind words!
Danny, hope some day there are a few new pictures on your site....
Bali
callmebali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 3:23 PM   #23

Great images love image 6.

Just wondering about the Raynox 250 add on you seem to be good with.

I was going to get the Raynox 150 as I thought the 250 had too much limiting depth of field, but from image 6 I see you have a lot of the image in perfect focus and its not as limited as the fuller zoomed in images in 7 and 8.

Is that just from not zooming in quite as much? as its still very close and very clear and not limiting at all and I take it its easier to focus at less zoom too? as your depth isnt hell to get right.
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 4:20 PM   #24

tHX!
The more the zoom the less the DOF... I think that is the point. Every macro lens has a limited DOF, but you can reach more DOF with the dcr250 at 4*zoom to the stacked Nikons at 12*zoom.
I don't use the dcr150, but I think it's vignetting to approx 4*zoom, too, so you have to crop the less zoomed images. If you don't want extreme magnification a Nikon 4t,6t, Oly B-macro or a Canon 250d is a perfect choice.
The dcr 250 is hard to use (wind, handshaking, limited DOF), but it is much more easier at zoom 4* to at 12*.
Regards, Bali

romerojpg wrote:
Quote:
Great images love image 6.

Just wondering about the Raynox 250 add on you seem to be good with.

I was going to get the Raynox 150 as I thought the 250 had too much limiting depth of field, but from image 6 I see you have a lot of the image in perfect focus and its not as limited as the fuller zoomed in images in 7 and 8.

Is that just from not zooming in quite as much? as its still very close and very clear and not limiting at all and I take it its easier to focus at less zoom too? as your depth isnt heck to get right.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 10:07 PM   #25

Hi Bali,

I have a 6T and looking to buy a 5T but I'm not able to find one at the stores around town. In you opinion, which lens from the manufacturers that you mentioned abovewill be a good match with my 6T?

By the way, if anyone is selling a 5T please get in touch with me.

Thank you.
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 3:20 PM   #26

Hi!
Maybe a Canon 500d is a good choice, if you want less magnification, but it's more expensive than the Nikon 3t and 5t. I think it's bigger brother is the 250d (maybe 4 dioptre?).
Bali
You can take a search in this forum for opinions on this subject.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 7:13 AM   #27

Thanks Bali,

I've ordered the Canon 500D from B&H for $86.95. I wanted the 5T but I couldn't find it. Thanks for your help.
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote