Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 17, 2006, 8:11 AM   #11

Thanks vaiboy, sven and Danny!

sven, thanks for the link. I have seen it before, but I did not cross my mind to chk it in detail! Good data there.
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:54 AM   #12

It is a surprising fact for me that the Fz10 + dcr250 combo produces grater magnification than the canon + rev.lens. On your site I've seen some jumper pictures that are very-very close and I think it has much more magnification than the Fz10 + dcr250....
I think the problem is the lightning with the canon + rev.lens (working distance of 4cm is really close).
Anyway thx for the info I think about my solution a little bit...
Bali
The jumper pic is cropped or this is the original?
I think in your country there are bigger jumpers than in europe....
callmebali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 8:56 PM   #13

callmebali wrote:
Quote:
It is a surprising fact for me that the Fz10 + dcr250 combo produces grater magnification than the canon + rev.lens. On your site I've seen some jumper pictures that are very-very close and I think it has much more magnification than the Fz10 + dcr250....
I think the problem is the lightning with the canon + rev.lens (working distance of 4cm is really close).
Anyway thx for the info I think about my solution a little bit...
Bali
The jumper pic is cropped or this is the original?
I think in your country there are bigger jumpers than in europe....
Most of the times, my pics are cropped to improve composition, hence it may look bigger. That said, I have yet to find out if my 5MP crop pic will have better quality than the 4MP raynox combo if resized to the same scale. But the good thing abt Canon is that it does have less noise than the FZ.

The first pic is slightly cropped. But our jumpers here vary in size. This fella in #1 is quite small. There are larger ones, esp those seen in my other recent post.

Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:17 AM   #14

Great Start in this new dimension, Tchuanye. The JS os perfect.

I was tempted by the DCR250 too... but for now I am trying to order this second 6T to achieve few more than +7 with two 6T and a 5T. then I'll see.

You say that DCR provides more magnification than reversed 50mm on Canon A610.
But I assume the latter is at 4x zoom only, so maybe it has a slightly broader DOF ??? (No time to do calculations now).

Francesco

PS See my incoming post on Dragonflies for a 12 x reversed lens portraitof a robberfly.
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:26 AM   #15

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Great Start in this new dimension, Tchuanye. The JS os perfect.

I was tempted by the DCR250 too... but for now I am trying to order this second 6T to achieve few more than +7 with two 6T and a 5T. then I'll see.

You say that DCR provides more magnification than reversed 50mm on Canon A610.
But I assume the latter is at 4x zoom only, so maybe it has a slightly broader DOF ??? (No time to do calculations now).

Francesco

PS See my incoming post on Dragonflies for a 12 x reversed lens portraitof a robberfly.
You are right Narmer, the A610+rev may give more DOF since its a 4x. Well, this just gives me different solutions for different approaches to macro.

Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:01 PM   #16

Fantastic 1st picture, the hairs look amazing and the way its lit looks superb to me. Would love to see more close up of them eyes, is the final image that good? that you can see reflections in its many eyes? as I can see something in them.

I have been put off buying the DCR 250 (seems to hard to use) and am going for the 150 as surley thats a little easier, just hope I dont regret it.
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 4:55 PM   #17

I tried an A620/DCR-250 combo and sent it back as the hit rate was frustratingly low. A combination of tiny dof, the need to use f8 in the usually low light that I get here in the UK (think rain, rain and more rain.....except at the moment ) with resulting low shutter speeds. On the other hand when the sun shines, you just can't see anything on the A620 LCD.

So I am trying to figure out the best way to go. I think that I need to use a viewfinder (evf or optical) as my eyes are just not good enough to define focus on the lcd in sunlight. I am wavering towards selling some rarely used DSLR lenses and buying a proper macro lens from ebay.

Anyway here are a couple from the A620/DCR-250 combo:

A stiletto fly

Leaf beetles

Ikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 8:32 PM   #18

I love #3 leafhopper. Too bad his arse-end didn't get in focus too.

bkrownd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 9:24 PM   #19

once again, your mastery of the macro world is apparent... all are good shots, but that JS is superb! well done indeed!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 7:57 AM   #20

romerojpg wrote:
Quote:
Fantastic 1st picture, the hairs look amazing and the way its lit looks superb to me. Would love to see more close up of them eyes, is the final image that good? that you can see reflections in its many eyes? as I can see something in them.

I have been put off buying the DCR 250 (seems to hard to use) and am going for the 150 as surley thats a little easier, just hope I dont regret it.
Thanks. Yes its possible to get reflection off the eyes especially when you get them at the sweet spot. But I did not get any for this fella.

The 150 is definitely easier (relatively speaking) and both are good lens. You will not regret it.