Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 17, 2006, 2:40 PM   #1

Any one can advise if this is still worth buying please ? My main concern is it unwise to buy this or any camera using lion batterys, Ie if they are unavailable say in 5 / 10 years the lion battery cameras such as this will be useless , Yes i know but i want to keep a good camera for a long time advice on the fz 20 appriciated and the battery isue, noticed the newer but discontinued ive read fz 30 uses yet anouther different battery , so are the lions going to be obtainable like aa batterys will be i should think. I thank you for advice on these issues .
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2006, 3:11 PM   #2

Rodo-

FWIW, there are too many third-party battery manufacturers out there to hold up a purchase of the digi based on this 'what-if concern'... The batteries will always be available for a digi such as this. And, at the price that Pany charges for their OEM, I'd imagine they'll keep on offering replacement/support for the FZ-xx models in the years to come...
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:55 PM   #3

Redo,

I don't think you would ever have a problem with getting batteries. So many third party mfg's like telecorder says. Plus, FZ20 is a really good camera. You can go back and compare photo quality with the newer FZ30 and other camerasand I can't tell much if any difference. I added a link where I found 1300mAh batteries for $12.95 each and they do last longer than the origional 680mAh batteries.If your on a budget I don't think you could beat the FZ20 with the price drops I've seen lately. I just carry 4 batteries and a battery chargerfor two cameras and have never had a problem.

Don

http://www.powergears.com/
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2006, 2:18 AM   #4

THANK YOU VERY MUCH THETWO PEOPLE WHO REPLIED , SEEMS LIONS WILL ? SHOUL BE AVAILABLE THEN FROM SOME RESELLERS . THATS GOOD TO KNOW I WAS THINKING OF SELLING MY 5 IN NO LION CAMERAS ALL CLASSIC AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME IMO AND GETTING A FEW CAMERAS INSTED THAT USE AA , ALSO I LIKE THE LOOK / FEEL OF THE FZ 20 BETTER THAN THEFZ 30 TO BE HONEST. AND TO GO WITH MY FZ 2 (BTW BEST PICS IVE EVER SEEN STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA USING VIVED MODE + 1 / 3 EXPOSURE YET ONLY 2 MP )BUT THE FZ 20 WILL BE THERE FOR THE FUTURE OR IF THE FZ 2 BREAKS. BOTH USE THE SAME BATTERY , ANOUTHER REASON NOT TO GO FOR THE FZ 30 ,IE DIFFERENT BATTERY , THANKS FOR THE TWO REPLYS RODO LONDON UK..
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote