Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 20, 2003, 3:59 AM   #11

Thanks normc. I've never used an "in front of lens" teleconvertor so have no idea how they can effect things like quality, autofocussing, minimum focussing distance, camera handling etc. etc. Grateful you're prepared to share.

On the subject of which, I hope you don't mind but I mentioned your discovery of a compatible teleconvertor in the the forum I mentioned to RBW under the "Panasonic FZ1 or Olympus 750" thread.

Perhaps I should sign-off here by wishing you "cloudy days" for your pics with the Digit-Slave flash
normjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2003, 3:17 AM   #12

Default Instructions on how to attach filter is in Manual

Just for info. There is an instruction in the manual on how to attach a 55mm filter.
Otime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2003, 3:24 AM   #13

Default Wide converter for DMC-F1Z

Any one can recommend a good wide converter for the DMC-F1Z? One that will work with the autofocus. As wide as possible.
Old Jul 7, 2003, 8:26 AM   #14

Default Update on the Sony VCL-1452H

While the Sony VCL-1452H telephoto lens seems to work, I have had considerable problems with the attachment and it shows up in the resulting photos. Some are OK but the next time not so good, and I am concerned about damaging the camera. My step down ring is very thin and has become mis-shaped. I have ordered a new ring to try but also am thinking that plastic threads are not all that suitable for lens attachments? Also the extra zoom is just not worth the time it takes to attach the lens? Maybe 12x should be enough with this camera?
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2003, 1:56 AM   #15

Default There are many 55mm converters

There are many 55mm converters out there. These will not require a step down ring. Anyone tried one of these with the FZ1? I am considering a wide-converter. Any problem with the autofocus? How wide can it sucessfully achieve?