Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 20, 2006, 2:26 PM   #1

For any interested in a combo of the DCR6600 and the FZ7 it looks like the Pemaraal adapter is going to be a good fit. I have only taken a few test images but I find the results very good. Wit the stock adapter you get a small vignette in each corner. With the Pemaraal in place there is only a very, sight light fall off in the upper left corner and it does not appear in every pic. You also get some useful zoom if you find you need to do that for framing or just to get the background blurred out. Here are a couple samples of this.

-Brett

First image shows the light fall off:

Attached Images

bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2006, 2:29 PM   #2

This one is @ about 144mm zoom

Attached Images

Old Jul 20, 2006, 7:51 PM   #3

I love St. Paul.

bkrownd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:28 PM   #4

bkrownd wrote:
Quote:

I love St. Paul.

Even in the winter? Are you from around here or just a visitor??
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:42 PM   #5

Nice photos Brett. In the 2nd photo what kind of plant is this? Is it a native plant?

Jerry

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 7:58 AM   #6

Brett - The fz7 and dcr6600 look like a perfect match usingthe pemaraal adapter. I don't see any darkening in the upper left corner and with that much sky that's where it would show up. Zooms in nicely to at least 4x. Looking very good! How much is the adapter? I take it you couldn't get the plastic stock adapter short enough even with sanding. - Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 10:57 AM   #7

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Brett - The fz7 and dcr6600 look like a perfect match usingthe pemaraal adapter. I don't see any darkening in the upper left corner and with that much sky that's where it would show up. Zooms in nicely to at least 4x. Looking very good! How much is the adapter? I take it you couldn't get the plastic stock adapter short enough even with sanding. - Fred
Hi Fred,

When you look at the original at 100% there is a very, very slight darkening on that one image but I did not see it on others so I can't explain it. To be honest I never got around to sanding the stock unit. This adapter is on sale for only $24 right now, I couldn't pass that up. Pete's service was outstanding and the quality of the piece is first rate. When I went out to take the pics I just put the 6600 on and walked around with the camera in one hand that is how confident the stronger adapter made me feel. I'm sure most of that is just in my head but I'm happy. I'm sure I could have gotten the stock adapter even shorter then this one for use with the dcr-6600, but now I don't have to. I can highly recommend this adapter.

-Brett
Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:04 AM   #8

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Nice photos Brett. In the 2nd photo what kind of plant is this? Is it a native plant?

Jerry

Jerry,

I was told it was a Cleome plant. I don't know that it is native, it was in a garden outside The Saint Paul Hotel. But it sure looked happy so I guess they grow well here.

-Brett
Old Jul 22, 2006, 1:12 AM   #9

>Even in the winter? Are you from around here or just a visitor??

I love winter. Love to snowshoe in the forest. I miss the Northern seasons. 15 years in the northern suburbs - Little Canada, Vadnais, WBL, Coon Rapids. UM alumni. All that.

bkrownd is offline   Reply With Quote