Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 22, 2006, 4:40 PM   #1

took my FZ20 along on a photo shoot today for a local botanical garden, and after i was done with the shots they wanted, i took some pics for myself. here are a couple taken with my FZ20 - no PP except resizing and a touch of sharpening...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2006, 6:49 PM   #2

Very nice pictures.
I liked the color on #1, very rich and also the right DOF
It would have been picture perfect but it seems to me the lower right hand corner detail unbalances the picture.
jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:06 PM   #3

I agree with jota jota on No1, I thnk the lower right flower would have been better zapped. But No 2, that is beautiful....where's my lens cleaning kit

Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 12:56 AM   #4

I always enjoy your post Squirl. Both shots are clean, sharp and perfect exposure. Could always remove the bottom flower in #1 later if you were going to frame it, but for posting with exif they are great! Reading exif on shots we like is how we learn from each other. I think it's great that you put the DSLR down when you finish working and just have fun with the FZ20. Great camera isn't it?

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 4:02 AM   #5

d-sr wrote:
Quote:
I always enjoy your post Squirl. Both shots are clean, sharp and perfect exposure. Could always remove the bottom flower in #1 later if you were going to frame it, but for posting with exif they are great! Reading exif on shots we like is how we learn from each other. I think it's great that you put the DSLR down when you finish working and just have fun with the FZ20. Great camera isn't it?

Don
thanks, Don... actually, i don't put the Canon down, i just pick up the FZ and use 'em both! :lol: the FZ is definitely a great camera, and certainly fun to use, but i'm having a blast with the 30D as well... here's one i took with it, for comparison...

Old Jul 23, 2006, 12:34 PM   #6

Nice. You can get those dalhias for yourself. So, when do you do a trip up to VI and shoot Bouchart?
gsellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 1:04 PM   #7

gsellis wrote:
Quote:
Nice. You can get those dalhias for yourself. So, when do you do a trip up to VI and shoot Bouchart?
it's on my list! :G but i can get flower shots at the botanical garden near my home, or in the Seattle Arboretum, without the expense of visiting Butchart Gardens. frankly,i have other destinations ahead of it... Heceta Head, the Sawtooth mountains in central Idaho, Glacier National Park...
Old Jul 23, 2006, 1:05 PM   #8

Rocky, all three shot splendid.. Beautiful flowers. Homegrown?

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 1:23 PM   #9

thanks, Jerry.. no, these were at a local botanical garden where i'm a "staff photographer"...
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:53 PM   #10

I tried this one in the front yard!

Attached Images

annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote