Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 22, 2006, 6:26 PM   #1

http://home.versatel.nl/d.p.mcgee/

d.

DaveMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:08 PM   #2

Dave, am I allowed to say that I love them all especially the monkey pictures in the fz30 gallery...Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:49 PM   #3

Dave,

I liked your gallerys, there was several photos that were very impressive to me. One was a sunset (FZ30 gallery), and the other was a black and white of some boats on a stream (945 gallery). Reminds me of the days when when we used to row the boats with oars. What name did you call your boats? Though, I thought your 945 gallery was great, the FZ30 also did a very impressive job in your hands, for what it is.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 12:35 AM   #4

Both galleries are good. Did you just get the FZ30 and how do you like it? I'm not formiluar with the 945 so I don't know how they compare. What do you think?

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:41 AM   #5

Cheer for the comments.

I did like the 945, very nice shots and easy to use; alas my eldest daughter managed to snatch it out of my partners hand and it is now in bits. The next day I got the fz30.

I had recommended the fz10 to my fatherin law and did like its handling, hence my choice for the fz30. I wondered about an SLR, but knowing what Im like would have spent all spare cash from there on in on new kit, and as a teacher there isnt that much spare cash about.

I do like the fz30, but do get frustrated from the number of shots that I miss, this is probabally down to the way I handle it.

I nearly always shoot in colour, but have in mind the shots I want in black and white, which I do in post processing. I prefer B&W for old buildings and nearly always for portraits.

I want to try my hand at some close up shots and have just bought a +4 and +5, but the results are not too good yet. Having seen some of the stunning results on here I may well go for a raynox or similiar.

anyways, time to go sit in the sun

dave

DaveMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 8:44 AM   #6

I have the 6T and the Ratnox 250 but have as yet to learn how to use them. The 250 has a very shallow DOF and is harder for me to use. I shake a lot and have to have a tripod for it so I haven't used it enough to get good with it. Keep on posting those pictures, I enjoy seeing them.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote