Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:16 PM   #1

Ok, I've searched and read, and re-read almost everything I could find on the available WA lens options for the FZ-30, and have come away just as uncertain as ever. Was looking at the Raynox HD-6600, but read it produces somewhat soft images and blurred at the edges. Oly WCON 0.7 suffers a center focus problem, but can be resolved with some sort of ring/adapter (?). Kodak Schneider 0.7 looks promising, but I haven't seen much about it and the FZ's.

What I'm really looking for is something relatively inexpensive ($100-ish) that is an all-around can't-go-wrong with, good performer. I would prefer something with 55mm threads... just to make life easier. All the reviews and comparisons I've read here seem to indicate that there is some sort of issue with almost all of them.

Thereis a national hot air balloon competition in town next month and I think it will be a great opportunity for some really nice WA pics. I just need a lens!

Any suggestions would be more than welcome. Meanwhile, I'm going to re-read some of the stuff here. It was about 2:00am when I last read most of it. :?

RedStickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2006, 4:05 PM   #2

Rather than assume, I'll refer you to CK's pages that pretty much cover the good and bad...

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/FZ-30/
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 7:47 PM   #3

I bought the WCON07 with special C-ring from Lovelife and find it works fine. When I first put it on I left the UV filter on and got some vignetting. When I took the UV filter off there was no vignetting. I am satisfied with it now that I know how to use it.

The cost was $135.80 +$1.00 shipping with the special C-ring adapter for the 55mm.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 8:20 PM   #4

After looking and searching during normal, human waking hours, I found this thread:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ghlight=WCON07

Convinced me to go with LoveLife's C-Ring combo and the WCON 0.7 lens.. provided he still sells them. His Chinese New Year parade pics really looked great. I knew I had seen some ompressive examples somewhere arounf here. I guess I'll have to contact him!

Bayourebel, you should consider coming out one day and taking some balloon photos. The evening balloon glows should make for some good shots, provided you bring your tripod.
RedStickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:11 PM   #5

I did the same thing and came to the same conclusion. The Chinese New Year is also what sold me. He also had a series where he showed the same photo with and without the C-Ring. He sent me by e-mail a Pay-Pal invoice, which bypassed going through E-Bay. Any other questions, PM me.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 6:40 AM   #6

I recon you would want to check this page out

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/fz30/index.htm

they post pics and you can read the EXIF info

marginal distortions really for super wide angle

I have a Raynox for my Olympus C7070, and the quality of their offerings is fine

just be aware you cant use filters on them

I dont know about the Pana/accessory offering, never seen any pics to evaluate
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote