Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 28, 2006, 5:50 PM   #11

Thank you Roger:-)

I am so glad you enjoyed it. :lol:

Truthfully, I didn't know if it fit into the catagory of missed shots, but perhaps more of a missed anticipation of a shot. haha.

Thankyou for setting up this thread. I will be so looking forward to reading other fun stories like yours, bootneck and bayourebel. I love sharing and readingfun stories.

Let's hear 'em ya'll! haha

Teree
gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 9:35 PM   #12

Teree, So you got the butt end of it, happens to me all the time. Get over it. LOL

There are many fun things in life, if only you are open to them. I love my new cameras, now I have a hard time deciding which one to bring with me.

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 11:39 PM   #13

You started a good thread here Roger. I am sure everyone who contributes automatically agrees to the stories being passed on unless they say otherwise

Hey Jerry, so much for the FX 01 being your wife's camera -it seems you haven't let it go yet
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:53 PM   #14

OK, let me try again.

Twentyone years ago, my brand new husband and I had arrived at our hunnymoon destination in the Smokey Mountains. I had remembered to take my trusty little 35mm camera fully loaded with 24 exposure film. Happily, I snapped away for four days taking beautiful pictures of romantic moments my new spouse and I shared during our first days together as husband and wife.Momentslike the day we went for a walk in the mountains, the day we drove to visit friends, the special evening under the big oak tree on the swing and the beautiful field of flowers on the side of the road that I skipped out into so my sweetie could get a picture of me lying in sea of color.

I finally reached the 24th picture and it was time to pop in a new role. In those days many nonautomatic advance cameras had a feature that allowed you to wind the film back into it's canister once the role was finished being exposed. As I was winding the film I noticed it was quite easy to turn with only a moment of resistance. Puzzled, yet wanting to make sure all the film was wound back in, I diligently continued to wind withease for a few more seconds.

Once we arrived home I took the film to be developed andupon pickup I was informed by an apologetic clerk that the whole role was blank.

The film never caught onto the advance mechanism and as a result no film had been exposed the entire hunnymoon.

I did remember the film. I did not make sure it was attached properly.

We laugh about this now and since then I've never trusted the film advance attachment feature again. Let's hear it for digital! But then that leads to another story....
gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:06 PM   #15

We laugh about this now and since then I've never trusted the film advance attachment feature again. Let's hear it for digital! But then that leads to another story...

gotta.learn, thanks for posting. It is interesting how mistakes from the past bring smiles to our face today.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote