Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 28, 2006, 4:34 PM   #1

I've got a rather odd problem, my FZ30 seems to be stuck in burst mode on every setting except automatic. In Auto it takes one shot at a time, press the burst button and it cycle through each step as you'd expect. But in every mode other than automatic I don't see the icon saying it's in burst mode, pressing the burst button (sorry, I'm spacing on the correct name right now) does nothing, but hold down the shutter and it snaps shots away like mad.

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas how to fix it?

John

JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2006, 10:04 PM   #2

Have you checked to make sure that you don't have auto bracking on. Refer to your owner's manual about auto bracket. It is very useful, but may make you think that you are in burst mode.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 10:17 PM   #3

Thanks bayourebel, I used the brute force method to get things back to normal - "restore default settings". I think you may be right about the auto bracket setting though. I was experimenting with the exposure setting last night and could easily have gone up to auto bracket and accidently turned it on, at the time I didn't know what it did, the behavior sure fits though. Another new (to me) feature to play with.

John

JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 10:29 PM   #4

Auto bracket is really nice in that you can select how much to underexpose and overexpose as well as normal. Play with it. That is what I had to do. Have the manual handy and this forum and you will get through it.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote