Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 29, 2006, 7:20 PM   #1

I have a FZ7 camera on order and I'm trying to be patient until it gets here in two days. I plan to buy a Pemaraal adapter for it. Rather then buy all new filters would it be just as good to buy an adapter ring for the Pemaraal from 55 mm to 58 mm so I can use all my 58 mm filters that I have from my SLR camera? Going this route I could also use all the filters my daughter has for her SLR and save a few $$. Are there any disadvantages to going this route since I have all the filters I normally use for the SLR which hasn't been used in 4 years?
Carroll B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2006, 7:57 PM   #2

Assuming all the slrfilters will work with the fz7 there would be no reason to get new filters. Since you'll be using a step ring anyway, why not leave a 52-58mm ring on the stock adapter? You wouldn't really be getting involved much with the plastic threads.For light weight filters the stock adapter should be sufficient.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 9:10 PM   #3

I agree with Fred ...if you have no plans for a WA or tele lens...I would use the stock adapter and the filters you have.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:32 AM   #4

Thanks. I have no plans to buy a WA or tele lens. I just want to be able to use my polarizer, UV, and star filters without having to buy new ones. I found an adapter ring on the web for less they $10 so that is the way I will go.
Carroll B is offline   Reply With Quote