Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 30, 2006, 3:55 AM   #1

Was at a near by park again, to shoot.

Appreciate any comments.

Raynox 250, F8, 1/60-100s, ISO 50, ext flash diffused

#1:Yellow Ladybird

#2: Downhill

#3: Front view

#4:Small butt

#5: Weaver ant

#6: LL fly....combination of a few pics....sharp part paste to pic...

#7: And of course...my fav....The JS

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2006, 6:53 AM   #2

Each one I looked at I thought "my favourite" now all I can say is that they are all my favourites. Marvellous presentation again...Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:16 AM   #3

I have tried so many ladybugs, but substantial parts are always out of focus.
#3 is my favorite - excellent job with the eyes!
Our ladybugs have dots, at least most of them. They look like this one, when they are newly hatched.

#6 The "longleg" is outstanding!!
Shooting layers with the dcr250 and without tripod is simply amazing!

Sven

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:30 AM   #4

#4 (perfect composition) , 5 and 6 are the greatest ones for me.

Nice editing on the fly. Maybe someone would disagree with such editing of multiple shots, but IMO if this can make you achieve better results (as I and Sven have already experienced i.e. obtaining sharp detailed eyes and wings in small bugs shot with reversed lenses) I encourage such experiments.

And this kind of PP is even harder to detect than on some awfully edited night shots with pasted well exposed moon (especially in the film photos times).

Again, very nice pictures Tchuanye

Narmer

PS what do you think about the difference in DCR250 ext. diff. flash vs bounced ext. flash ?
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:28 AM   #5

Bootneck3 wrote:
Quote:
Each one I looked at I thought "my favourite" now all I can say is that they are all my favourites. Marvellous presentation again...Fred
What he said, hehe great stuff.

I couldn't of guessed there was any pasting in #6, good work.
Lumix2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:54 AM   #6

Bootneck3 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Fred! Glad you liked them!

Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:59 AM   #7

seemolf wrote:
Quote:
I have tried so many ladybugs, but substantial parts are always out of focus.
#3 is my favorite - excellent job with the eyes!
Our ladybugs have dots, at least most of them. They look like this one, when they are newly hatched.

#6 The "longleg" is outstanding!!
Shooting layers with the dcr250 and without tripod is simply amazing!

Sven
Thank Sven!

I too have had many wrong focused parts on the Ladybird or beetle. Perhaps the Raynox 250 allows me to get a better mag rate and focus on the eyes.....at least I know that it focused on the eyes! :lol:

#6 is not really layered in a sense. I did not have that in mind when I took it, but I shot the entire LL at slightly zoom out, full zoom for the eyes and rear end.
When processing, I saw that the eyes of the full zoom was very sharp, and so was the rear end. The eyes and rear of wide view of the LL was ok, but abit soft for my taste. Hence copied the eyes and rear and resized smaller, reorientated and paste over.

Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:04 AM   #8

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
#4 (perfect composition) , 5 and 6 are the greatest ones for me.

Nice editing on the fly. Maybe someone would disagree with such editing of multiple shots, but IMO if this can make you achieve better results (as I and Sven have already experienced i.e. obtaining sharp detailed eyes and wings in small bugs shot with reversed lenses) I encourage such experiments.

And this kind of PP is even harder to detect than on some awfully edited night shots with pasted well exposed moon (especially in the film photos times).

Again, very nice pictures Tchuanye

Narmer

PS what do you think about the difference in DCR250 ext. diff. flash vs bounced ext. flash ?
Thanks Narmer!

#4 draws different reaction. Some pp at other forums comment that the composition is too tight. Well, the mag rate was kind of high, so not much playing space.

Regards to #6, well as described in the post above, it was not intentional. Well, at least the parts I pasted is off the same insect.

Regarding bounce vs diffuse....well, I have stopped using the bounce card as I find the effect of homemade diffuse card quite good.

BTW, I forgot to mention, I use TWO flashes in these shots. One Omnibounce slave triggered flash (the one I use for the A610) on a slave bracket on the left, and the homemade diffuser flash on the right (handheld). I will move the freeplay flash around to get a good lighting.....so far, I find it works quite well/

Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:04 AM   #9

Lumix2004 wrote:
Quote:
Bootneck3 wrote:
Quote:
What he said, hehe great stuff.

I couldn't of guessed there was any pasting in #6, good work.
Thanks!

Old Jul 30, 2006, 12:14 PM   #10

From an absolute beginner, those photos are fantastic!!! If I had one shot as good as that in my lifetime, I would be happy. And as I have said, it brings natureso much closer than what you see with the naked eye!!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote