Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:43 PM   #1

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2006, 1:56 AM   #2

Fred,

Incredible picture! The detail is unbelieveable. We have had the largest flies lately. I think I am going to try to find me one.

Regards,
Daniel
danielsonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 8:23 AM   #3

Thanks for the comment, Daniel, and welcome to the forum. This was with the raynox dcr250 +8 diopter macro lens attached using the fx01 adapter descibed at http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23 Not a particularly large fly.

Fred
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:04 PM   #4

Wow, so you can not only attach a filter to that adaptor but also a lens. That's really good to know. I went to Orchard Supply Hardware this weekend, but they didn't have the PVC pipe. Going to try Home Depot this week.

Take care,
Daniel
danielsonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:38 AM   #5

Very nice work Fred. You may just have to translate that custom adapter into something mass produced and start selling them! Come up with a mounting system and your all set. Maybe Pete over at Pemaraal would be interested.:idea:

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:11 AM   #6

Hi Fred,

Nice job with the Fly! You are a very industrious person concerning the lens setup! You must have great patience to go through the "lens fitting" process. Well done!

I have the Nikon6T and have taken closeuppictures of the same type of fly and what surprised me was the magnification of your picture.I know that the Raynox has at list twice the magnification power of the 6T. In short, I was expecting a much bigger picture of the fly. Any explanation?

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:24 AM   #7

Nice job Fred! Perfect clairty, color and sharpness. You always figure out a way to get the most out of your cameras. Do you miss the 12x zoom?

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 1:21 PM   #8

Thanks for the comments.

Emmanuel - The fx01 is a small pocket camera andonly zooms up to 102mm whereasyour ultra zoom goes to 420 or 432mm. Had I taken this shot with my fz5 and dcr250 and then cropped ~50%, as with this image, there would have been little remaining but the eyes.

Don - The fz5 is still my main squeeze and, yes, I would miss it's 12x zoom immensely. The relatively meager zoom of the fx01 renders the value of using a close up lens questionable. But the dcr250 did magnify itsome and also allowed for a little more distance from the subject which reduces thelikelihood of camera shadow and bee stings.

Fred