Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:59 PM   #1

In my previously posted Hmmmm it was correctly suggested that the noise I was experiencing was due to a lack of light. I tried my FX-01 and it gave similar results to the 20. I tried the 20 with the SP 383 and I was pleased with the results (for me ). Thanks for the help. No more hummers till next year-I promise.
Attached Images

dwssas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:06 PM   #2

Myself I never got good results from the FZ20 with the incamera settings on high....I set them on low and PP in PS.....but thats a nice photo.

Is that also a crop? or did you actually get that close?

If its a crop the noise isexcellent, as is the detail.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 4:41 PM   #3

Gene-- Yes it is fairly large crop, sorry but I dont know how to give meaningful numbers, but I was about four to five feet away. I usually shoot in std. with noise on low but will try your suggestion a try. I was experimenting with the high settings and agree they are a bit too much. I tend to oversharpen and saturate but at least I am aware of it. Thanks for your most welcome comments.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:58 AM   #4

Very nice capture dwssas. It's one of the best hummers I've seen, except for the sharpness. Like you, I always wind up sharpening my pictures a little so I am trying the High settings.The less prossessing I need to do the more I like it. Mine are not turning out over sharpenedto me. I don't know what the difference is but so far I like what I am getting. It might have been the flash. Don't stop posting whatever you shoot, I like looking and learning

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 2:14 AM   #5

May I ask whatSP383 is? I have an FZ20 and experience the same exact problem...noise, lots of noise!
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 4:45 AM   #6

The SP383 is an external flash made by Sunpak and model number 383. This flash is generaly recomended, by forum members, as the preffered one for the FZ-20.