Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Panasonic / Leica (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/)
-   -   Some photod taken with my FZ30 (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica/96846-some-photod-taken-my-fz30.html)

EverythingApe Aug 1, 2006 8:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a few photos I took playing around with my camera. Trying to get away from my "point and shoot"-vices of previous compact experiences, but being autodidact (and stubborn) I don't really have a plan with what I do.

Any comments and/or criticism is welcome.

(not on the typo headline though!Great first impression, huh?)

EverythingApe Aug 1, 2006 8:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You can't add several pics to a post here? hmmm

EverythingApe Aug 1, 2006 8:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one then

d-sr Aug 1, 2006 8:26 AM

Very nice! And nice to have you join us. Keep on posting, I enjoyed.

Don

EverythingApe Aug 1, 2006 8:32 AM

Thank you very much, I've used this forum to convince myself that the FZ30 was the way to go, and I am not disappointed so far. I owe a thanks to a lot of people here ;)

KennJ Aug 1, 2006 8:48 AM

I liked one and three as to me they had more impact that #2 . Did you do much editing in photoshop or are these "from the camera" untouched photos ? What settings(mode for instance)were you using for the first shot if you dont mind me asking? Opps, I sound like the Inquesition :0) sorry about that.
KennJ

EverythingApe Aug 1, 2006 9:03 AM

Questions are great, because they make me think through what I have done, and that makes me learn more!

I played around with the colours and highlights in CS2 on the first one, the second one is untouched, and the third one I just made a little darker to hide the details of the boat and enhance the redness of the sun. Oh and I straightened the horizon on two of them. I'm not really a fan of touching landscape photos up, but adjusting colours to give them more life and make them look more true I think is ok.

If you use Opanda Iexif you can see all the settings I've used at the time of shooting. Great tool if you don't already have it.

I mostly just use shutter priority, and adjust shutter timing and test-focus (depressing the button half way and watching my lcd) until I am happy with the light.

genece Aug 1, 2006 9:49 AM

I like them, perhaps #2 ,I would saturate the green a bit annd sharpen a bit but thats just my taste.....and for sure at times I am in the minority about those types of things.

EverythingApe Aug 1, 2006 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kinda like this, Genece? The saturation gives it more life, huh?

EverythingApe Aug 1, 2006 1:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A wagtail, shot with full tele (420) handheld in not-so-great light. The image is cropped out of the original 8,1MP one. It's not dead sharp, but that comes down to my shaking hands I think. I love the zoom on the FZ30!