Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 2, 2006, 8:46 PM   #1

Hi, I just bought my FZ7 and am new to this forum. I also own an E-500 but use my panasonicmore. I am really enjoying my camera and need advice on how to post a picture along with my comments and questions...I hope someone can help me, I would enjoy being a part of the communitiy here. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2006, 9:51 PM   #2

To post a photo here you can just attach it from your hard drive but it should be resized to about 800 X 600 and its easy to let windows rezizer do that as it compresses the file also to get it under 250kb...but at alot of places and it also works here the file must be on a web site .....there are many free web hosts with Photobucket being one of my favorites.

Give it a try and we can help more if you want us to help more.

Get your self an account at Photobucket or flickr... they are free

http://www.flickr.com/

http://photobucket.com/
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:20 PM   #3

I use www.imageshack.us because it's easy, and doesn't require signing up or any complciated album stuff, and can handle up to 1.5 mb files,
Nathaniel
Shrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 8:20 AM   #4

Thanks everyone for your help. I had a hummingbird picture I wanted to share...I will keep working on it. Donna
Old Aug 3, 2006, 8:41 AM   #5

Let me try again donna.....Do you use Windows XP? if so go here and get the windows image resizer (its free) but there are many other programs that will do the same thing

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Then right click your photo and choose resize to 800 X 600 and resize then browse to the resized photo in the window below and click send.....do not click preview.

If you can not use the windows resizer most any photo editor can do the resize including Irfanview and Picasa. (both Free)
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:18 AM   #6

Yes, I have windows XP. Thank goodness I am better with my cameras than I am with computers...I will be out for a bit this morning, but will nail this one way or the other later on. My preferance is to resize, then upload from my hard drive to the forum, if that makes sense. Later, Donna
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:52 AM   #7

That will work fine Donna.....go to the link I gave and on the right side of the page find the resizer and download and install.

Then follow what I said above and all will be fine.

There are other good computer utilities on that page but you may or may not find them useful......but the resizer works pretty slick.

Do not forget do not use the preview button for some reason the attachment will disappear
Old Aug 3, 2006, 8:42 PM   #8

Okay, I resized the photo in adobe to 800 x600 and saved it to be web ready. I clicked on browse, brought up the pic and clicked to open it and then it disappears... I don't see where the pic is indicated as uploaded. I am sorry I am so dense about this. My son is going to try to help me if I can't figure it out. But I don't want to worry you...just let me know if the "hummer" makes it. I think you said not to preview it...donna
Attached Images

Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:08 PM   #9

Wow, very nice job. The hummer made it. I believe I used to have a feeder just like yours. Keep posting. You are on your way.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:08 PM   #10

Well I am glad you got it figured out as thats one nice photo.